Smocks any preference???

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevebuk

Established Member
Reaction score
So, i am now in the market for a smock (No i'm not pregnant either), where did you buy yours from and do you know a good buy including name in the price.

I am using a paper overall Look like a space man....
Think I will just go back to shirts and coat...feels stupid....:lol:
But I will suffer the wrath of my wife ho the dichotomy of it all :?

Got mine same as Richard above for xmas ! - With embroidered name on front.

PS - COLD WASH ONLY !!! - or it will shrink. So glad they are made well oversized.

Laurence

loz":1kzg69go said:
PS - COLD WASH ONLY !!! - or it will shrink.

No wonder mine feels tight every time I put it on after a wash!!! :oops: :oops: :roll: :roll:

Mind you, it doesn't get washed all that often :wink:

Richard

Mine is from turners retreat, our club arranges for the club logo and your name embroidered on the front

Fairlopwoodturners.jpg

The smocks are green and has been washed in hot water dried in the tumbledry. It did not shrink. :whistle:

Other than "tradition", why smocks?

I wear a full set of old overalls, with a tightish velcro close at the collar and elasticated cuffs at wrists and ankles ... and I still get into trouble for dropping dust/shavings on the carpet occasionally or find the odd woodchip in my shirt at the end of the day ... but a lot fuller protection than just a smock.

Cheers

Toby

Picture430.jpg

Me in my new one I got for Xmas 8) great to leave in the shed so I do not get into ( you no what I mean :wink: !!) Yes I know the date is wrong :oops:

Steve

Mine is one of the Lovellworkware ones that I got at Stoneleigh last year .
At the show they did the embroidery for you almost while you wait (about 1 hour)

Malcolm

Same here I've got 3 Lovell smocks, heavy white one cotton for winter, these do shrink, so buy at least one size bigger. 2 green poly cotton light weight, one with half sleeves. These don't shrink so you can buy the correct size. No names on mine, I'm still at the stage where I can remember who I am. Most of the time!

lovells.......got 2 myself.
Got one for the boy with workshop name in block and his name in script at Yandles show last weekend £28, although that might have been a show price.
They embroider at the show but they were really busy so we strolled back an hour or so later and it was ready. Excellent service and they last well too.
The smocks have velcro to cuffs and collar with pockets at the back.
Sorby, Axminster and turners retreat do different types some with elasticated cuffs but in time these become embedded with bits of shavings.

the lovells ones look very good but do they do a short sleeve version , i have a record one but ive never worn it as im scared of getting the sleeves caught.

jpjoinery":2d6r1zn8 said:
the lovells ones look very good but do they do a short sleeve version , i have a record one but ive never worn it as im scared of getting the sleeves caught.

Can you not TURN the sleeves up :lol: :lol: :p :p :roll:

REgards Boysie

Back