Small Vase

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalboy

Established Member
Reaction score
First piece for nearly a month as I have been laid up with a bad back. Anyway during that time I reached the ripe old age of 60 and for a present from my family they treated me to a Peter Child Pyrography machine. So now that I am able to get back into the shed I thought I would make a vase with a poppy using it.

Made from Ash and stands 4 1/2" tall by 2 1/2" diameter.

C & C welcome

DSCF6947_zps4vjl029e.jpg

DSCF6946_zpsu6cyr9yu.jpg

That's neat, and almost topical.

Like the fresh look that the high contrast image presents on the Ash background.

Nicely done, Derek. I like the shape of the vase and the neat pyrography. Must have felt good to get back to the lathe!

Thank you both I tried to go for something simple for a first attempt on turning. Will be trying different effects as I progress.

Certainly was a good feeling getting back on the lathe surprising how much I missed my shed time.

monkeybiter":23t2zd0n said:
Your colouring in is very good, you haven't gone over the lines at all, was that difficult?

Quite easy as long as you don't use a very runny paint as it can bleed past the burnt lines and then be seen beyond them.

Attractive looking piece. May I ask, what paint do you use Derek?

Back