Small project

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Intarsiaplans

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey all...

Finally i post a small project of me, the pentagram lidded box that includes a bit of intarsia and woodturning....The woods i used are American Wwalnut and Ash.
Many projects where i am busy on require sanding with a dremel and at the moment i am waiting for some parts so i am stuck....pretty rubbish to be honest....sooo i just keep cutting out some patterns and when the bits arrive i got loads to do...
Pentagram-box.png

And for the folks that live near Shorne woods in Kent, they are doing a lot of maintanance there next to the road and they have cut many trees there now and it really much....So i grabbed myself some logs of oak and birch...Have a look.

Danny

A Star Turn there Danny, welcome to the world of round spinny things.

What type of saw do you use to cut the segments?

I used a ryobi scrollsaw with a pin end blade to use the full length of the blade which is longer than non pin end blades....

Was a tricky job though but came out perfetcly for a first time trying.

Danny

I am surprised you could keep the cuts so accurate on a scroll saw.

The only time I have seen similar the wood blanks were glued up in long lengths (like a stick of rock) and sections cut off as required.

The individual strips, about 300mm long, were faceted on a router table with the aid of angle jigs.

Want to have a go for yourself???

Pentacle.png

There you go the pattern on how to make it.

And yes nick...i'll try to make to make pic's while creating it.

Danny

Back