Small pot from a failed piece

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalboy

Established Member
Reaction score
As the title I started to make a natural edged goblet nothing to do with the competition as I started it afterwards. Well I managed to damage the rim of the goblet part so i parted it off and turned the piece around and made this pot as I liked the grain in the log. I still have anothe 4ft of it left so will try again.

Anyway onto the pot from the good half of this piece, it measures 3 1/2" tall and 3" across. As stated wood unknown

C & C welcome

DSCF5605-001_zpsxma8kwjg.jpg

DSCF5607-001_zpsyky3pi8d.jpg

That's lovely - always nice to snatch some victory from the jaws of defeat! It does well on my main woodturning criterion which is simply whether it makes me want to pick it up. That little pot just looks like it would be lovely in the hand and I want to reach out and hold it. The word organic is overused these days but it does look like it belongs back in the woods - the subtlety of the flare of the top is really appealing.
As for the wood, it looks kind of beechy with the flecking and the pinky colour but it doesn't look quite how I expect beech to look but then it is largely sap wood so not what I'm used to.
I look forward to seeing what you get out of the next 4' whatever species it is!

Back