Slope, what sloopppeeeeeee

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveL

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I am back home after driving best part of 400 mile today, the snow was not a problem and I am the proud owner of a Perform lathe that is big enough to make useful size bowls and goblets. :D Here it is in Simon's garage as we prepared to load it in to the car.
3263821075_5bc26dbec1.jpg

Large son came over to help unload it from the car, 8) see having kids came be useful. :wink:
It is currently in the garage, I need to work on making space in the workshop, but I will not be selling the Wadkin, so don't ask! [-(

Simon (SVB) is not in the rouges gallery, but may be be very soon.........
3264648804_04a77560cf.jpg

I think I may of had my finger in the way of the flash, :oops: the excitement was a bit high, still like a small boy with a new t :tool:y.

glad to see that it's gone to a good home :) I would have relieved simon of the load however I'd recently been given a very similar lathe (though not with all the bits and bobs needed)!

Miles

Nice one Dave, I'm still teetering over the edge. A purchase is imminent!

Congrats Dave.

Of all the wood working I have done, turning is the most addictive. I think it comes from the pleasure of seeing what is revealed as you peel the layers away from a piece of wood.

The closest in the non-turning world is running a piece of rough old timber through a planer (using the old blades :wink: ) and watching it come to life :D

Enjoy the slope 8) 8) 8) :D :D :D

Mike C

Dave,

you'll need a damn good tidy up of your workshop to let you get anywhere near it!!! :D What are you going to do with your other lathe?

Mike

I was bidding on the same model lathe on ebay, is that where you got this from? I didn't win it, which i'm glad about because i'd already won another auction! one lathe that i don't know what i'm doing with is more than enough!

Struan

'place witty comment here'

Welcome to long slope________________________________________________________________________________________________ ](*,)

..........and come on Mike Garnham, you're next ... 8)
We've sucked Wizer into the fold... and DaveL .... you've already shown a good hand at the game, come on man... jump in, both feet :p

We'll send Blister round , you know 8) 8) :p

:p :p :p :p

Jenx

"We'll send Blister round , you know "

Sorry guys
:cry:

dont do home visits

As I have a FULLY FUNCTIONING SLOPE , here at home :wink:

Ask some victims :p I ment new turners :wink: :wink: :wink:

Jenx":u0k7ruoy said:
come on man... jump in, both feet :p

I've asked my mate to take me out into the woods and give me a damn good hiding if I start talking about a lathe anytime soon........ :D (Would that be worse than a visit from Blister??) There is still too much square stuff to do before I get sucked into a new obsession!!!

Mike

............but there is a little space in the corner of my shed.....!! :wink:

Mike Garnham":21kafbmi said:
Jenx":21kafbmi said:
come on man... jump in, both feet :p

I've asked my mate to take me out into the woods and give me a damn good hiding if I start talking about a lathe anytime soon........ :D (Would that be worse than a visit from Blister??) There is still too much square stuff to do before I get sucked into a new obsession!!!

Mike

............but there is a little space in the corner of my shed.....!! :wink:

chicken :wink: :wink:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Struan":17yk3bbl said:
I was bidding on the same model lathe on ebay, is that where you got this from? I didn't win it, which i'm glad about because i'd already won another auction! one lathe that i don't know what i'm doing with is more than enough!

Struan

'place witty comment here'

I bought this from another forum member, he had upgraded and advertised this one here, before putting it on the bay.

Glad you got back ok Dave.

Hope you get set up soon - looking forward to plenty of WIP!

Also best of luck following Reg's advice re four tools - you will be the first here to succeed!

BRgds

Simon.

Latest posts

Back