Sliding glass cabinet door gear??

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petermillard

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey fellas

Client's asked me to make a couple of alcove units but with sliding mirrored doors (frameless) in the cabinets; never done these in a cabinet before and am getting a bit punch-drunk with the number of hits Google shows up for sliding door gear, usually referring to full-size or wardrobe doors.

Cabinet doors will be approx 800 x 450 x 4mm, so not at all heavy; I've tried the usual suspects (Hafele, Woodfit, Isaac Lord) without any joy - if any of you cabinetmakers out there have done these before and/or know a supplier of lightweight door gear, I'd appreciate you pointing me in their direction!

Many thanks,

Pete.

1960's sliding glass doored book shelves in schools were merely safe edged glass panels sliding in grooves in Oak. They didn't half shift if suddenly cleaned of dust etc, and given a dusting of french chalk :oops:

Size, from distant memory 700mm x 800mm wide, per door.

xy

Hi,

I got some extruded aluminium track from my local glazers with plastic strips for the glass to run on.

Pete

jasonB":xvgx58u4 said:
...just need to know where to look...

And now I do! :D

Thanks guys, very much appreciated, esp. Jason for the link. My local glaziers are brilliant at everything glass, but don't have a clue about anything else e.g. runner systems, handles, vents etc...

Anyway, many thanks again.

Cheers, Pete

Back