Sliding door gear

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petermillard

Established Member
Reaction score
Quick question for all you fitted wardrobe/sliding door experts (JasonB?); when you're fitting sliding doors into a wide opening (I'm pricing one up just now that's going to be around 3.9m wide) do you butt two shorter tracks together for the doors, or is there a someone that does a longer track - the longest ones I've found so far are 3.5m? I'm just trying to avoid that 'train over the points' effect if the doors cross the centre-line...

Any recommendations gratefully received - for track and runners too; there seem to be about a zillion different options on Hafele.

Actually, one other thing that puzzles me; lots of the door gear manufacturers I've found specify a maximum door height - why is this an issue? I understand the weight & thickness restrictions, but height??

TIA, Pete.

Oryxdesign":2zrok7up said:
We used to use Door Systems Hardware (DSH) there track come as 5m lengths from memory (I haven't fitted sliding for a long time)
The max height is because of the available length for door stiles if you choose to use them.

http://www.dsh-inc.com/sliding.html

That's very helpful, thanks. Hadn't thought about the stiles being a limiting factor, and like yourself, I haven't fitted sliding doors for many years. Appreciate the help.

Cheers, Pete

Back