Sliding door rails

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OllyK

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

My workshop is a 3m x 3m "extension" to a double garage and I want to be able to close the garage off to reduce the amount of dust floating about, however, I still want to be able to open the space up if I'm dealing with large stock. The ideal would seem to be to mount 3 doors on a slider mounted on the joist separating the 2 areas. Ideally I could with 3 channels so the doors can slide by each other giving the maximum opening.

I know there are custom systems out there that allow the doors to be rotated as well giving even more space, but these are rather expensive. Anybody got any ideas / suggestions?

What about those overlapping heavy clear plastic strips, like in industrial applications? Though a bother to walk through, they'll allow whatever light from the garage in and will close around your long stock better than doors. Wouldn't be lockable, however.

Rick

£ doors would give quite bulky panels at around 1000mm each, what about 4 doors at 750mm with two folding to each side.

Not sure what you call expensive but Hendersonsdo a kit with all you need for a 3m opening with 4 doors for about £125.00. By the time you have bought hinges, sourced a track and rollers, not to mention the time involved with making your own, it must be a easier way.

Jason

jasonB":2308rgiq said:
£ doors would give quite bulky panels at around 1000mm each, what about 4 doors at 750mm with two folding to each side.

Not sure what you call expensive but Hendersonsdo a kit with all you need for a 3m opening with 4 doors for about £125.00. By the time you have bought hinges, sourced a track and rollers, not to mention the time involved with making your own, it must be a easier way.

Jason

That looks like the kind of thing, what I had seen was the sort of partitioning used in offices which was running to over £1000.

RickCarpenter":1436h1qg said:
What about those overlapping heavy clear plastic strips, like in industrial applications? Though a bother to walk through, they'll allow whatever light from the garage in and will close around your long stock better than doors. Wouldn't be lockable, however.

Rick

I did ponder on this or just some kind of a curtain and I may well go this way still. Any idea on suppliers?

I did ponder on this or just some kind of a curtain and I may well go this way still. Any idea on suppliers?

Sorry, I'm on the other side of the pond from you. I suggest you look for an industrial supplies catalog. We have a Grainger catalog (www.grainger.com) that has just about everything industrial in it, they ship world-wide but the shipping from US probably would kill you.

Rick

Latest posts

Back