Sledge slot

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
biskit":3c37krpx said:
Just made a sled for my new TS . :?: because the riveing knife is a bit wider how can I cut the slot :?: :!:

Are you sure the riving knife is wider than the TCT teeth on the blade? The knife metal should be thicker than the saw disc, but not wider than the teeth. If your blade doesn't have TCT teeth then your riving knife is presumably designed to work with a blade that does.

Biskit, if you loosen the nut Bolt? That secures your riving knife, you will find it is packed with a stack of metal shims, the position of which can be moved to centre the knife. Presumably they are there so that it can be centred on a different width blade. I had to adjust them on my TS250.

Yes that is what the shims are there for. Centring the RK is important, but at least it should be central enough that the saw cut clears it on both sides.

A way to check and to measure the centring is to slide a slip of wood along the RK from the back, and let the blade cut a cm or so. Then repeat on the other side of the RK and the other side of the slip. The two steps should be the same thickness, and if one side doesn't have a step at all, the RK needs moving.

Take obvious precautions by using push sticks, and using a long enough piece of wood that your pushing hand is well clear. Push the word against the RK but not so hard as to deflect it.

Keith

Thanks chaps, there are two nuts that hold the knife, the bottom one is difficult to get the provided spanner on, (homer) I hadn't tightened it fully so there was a slight twist. Got my ring spanner on it and that nipped it up. :D Sorted. Thanks again for you help.

Back