SiP 12" Bandsaw - Help Please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OPJ

Established Member
Reaction score
I've had one of these at the very top of my to-buy list since early May, and finally, first thing Monday morning (nex workingt day!), it arrives, thanks to West Skelton Services (via. eBay).

And I'm really impressed, far more than just 'happy' with this purchase - as, I know, many others on the forums have been also!

I spend £20 less two years ago on a Fox 10" Table Saw (Rutlands) and yet, the differences in build quality are quite extraordinary!

The blade in my bandsaw runs true. The fence locks paraellel, no questions asked. And, as far as I can tell, there is NO PLAY WHATSOEVER in the supplied mitre slot!! :shock: From one extreme to the other, I suppose you might say...

Of course, I wouldn't be asking for help if I didn't have just one single problem... In the manual (p.4), 3.10, it tries to tell you how to flatten the table (which my table does need) - and yet, I can't see the "two screws and locking nuts provided this purpose" ?

Is anyone willing to show me where they are?

Apparently, they're located "on the undersides of the rip fence guide". But surely, they're not talking about the winged screws used to secure it, are they?

Thanks for your help, guys.

Ah, I do love this bandsaw though. And pretty soon, I'll have some lovely new baldes to go with it, courtesy of Dragon Saws (eBay again) - incredibley helpful people they are.

The table saw's going on eBay - if I can get £60 (one third) for it, I'll be a happy young man.

Hi Oswaldo,

I have one and if you are talking about getting the table square to the blade, then yes it is the winged screws used to secure it.

It took me a few goes to get it right but it cuts spot on now and I have been very happy with it :D

I have a record saw it has a bolt and nut across the split in the table to flatten it by altering the torque on the nut is the sip similar.

I can get it to cut square to the blade, adjusting the two nuts on the bolt running vertically below the table, which sets the 90degree stop. I haven't actually tried the wing screws yet, so I'll have a go later, thanks.

I guess the SiP model must be slightly different to the Record because there doesn't appear to be a bolt running horizontally to close the gap... It's a smart idea though, thank you.

sorry i have confused you the bolt on the record is vertical as when the table is cut the two sides could move up and down in relation to one another. I assume that to flatten you mean get level or 90 to blade.

Colin C":30cit458 said:
If we have not got tit right :roll:

Can you post a pic :)

The bolt Old means is this one
274074011_e4773fc09b.jpg

It is a sort of reinforcement of the bed, it has nothing to do with adjustments.

The SIP 14" relies on the Fence Rail clamped along the front edge to ensure the 'two halves' are aligned, there are no adjustment screws.
My table was flat across the slot as received.
I presume the 12" to be same design.
14" manual also carries same instruction error re: adjustment screws.

Horizontal (90deg to blade) is by stop bolt on lower beam.
Mitre slot alignment with blade is possible within the limits of the clearance on the four table mounting bolt holes.

Well, I have tried all sorts, played around with the rip-fence locking knobs several times, but I still cannot seem to get a level surface across my bandsaw's table. :cry:

If anyone has any new suggestions, I'd be most grateful to hear them.

I also find changing blade widths and readjusting the lower bearings to be a real pain. The nut which adjusts the bearings movement between the teeth and back of the blade is a pain to get to on its own. But while I can losen it with a 10mm spanner, I just can't tighten it again!

10mm's too big; 8mm's too small. Unfortunately, I don't have a 9mm spanner... I reckon it could even be a 3/8" diameter - but can anyone else confirm this for me?

Oh, and one more thing! :wink: Looking at the tracking adjustment gauge on the side of the saw it has a marking for 3/4" wide blades. Will this machine accept blades wider than 5/8" then?

Thank you guys.

Back