• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

sip 10 inch band saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

mac1012

Established Member
Reaction score
hi i am looking to get a new band saw for my craft projects that i make and sell in my spare time
including the wheeled
The model that has caught my eye the sip 01545 10 inch model i which has s depth of cut of 150mm and i think a rip cut to the throat of about 245mm

i have noticed there is a lower model that is also 10 inch which is a bench top one which only has a depth of cut of 120mm they look very similar and are a similar price but the 01545 model is the one i am interested in ( just thought i would explain the difference so as to avoid confusion when offering me any feedback as both models are ten inch)

Has anyone got the 01545 model ? and any feed back would be great

i have seen it for sale on the internet for 209 pounds including the wheeeled stand.
For the price range it looks pretty solid.

i realise that other makes like axminister and record are pretty similar generic models so any advice i would be very gratefull for.

i not doing very heavy cutting , mainly sofwood pieces etc

Best regards mark

Blister

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Mark and welcome to the forum

When summing up woodworking machines I tend to work backwards

£209 inc Vat

£186.60 excluding VAT

- Dealer mark up , say 40% £72 = £114

Less shipping say £14 = £100

Less makers mark up £50 = £50

So a saw that may have cost £50 to make :? with only 370watts of power

You would need to bin the blade it comes with and buy a decent quality Tuff saw blade

If I were in your position I would be looking for a better quality used saw on ebay / preloved / gumtree etc

You could end up with a £500 / £600 saw second hand for that money

Only my opinion / other will have a different view

:mrgreen:

mac1012

Established Member
Reaction score
hi thank you for your comments , i looked at the ebay route a while ago but the problem is ,the good ones always seem to be very far away i sure there is bargains to be had on there as i use ebay quiter a lot and i sell my crafts on there , but i dont like buying anything like secondhand machinery unless i can see it.

The price has been reduced on this model thats why it caught my eye it did retail at 360 pounds.

The other sip model i mentioned which is not as good a quality is the same price and looks cheaper and is only bench mounted so i think your calculation would probably be more justified on that model.

The machine i use most for my work is my hegner scroll saw and i was thinking of getting the band saw for some rocking horse pieces i cut out so it would only have light to medium use,

space is a premium in my work shop and havent got room for a large second hand beast

Best regards mark.

thomvic

Established Member
Reaction score
Blister - don't wish to be pedantic but £209 less VAT @ 20% is £174.17 (£174.17 x 1.20 = £209) Your VAT seems to be 12%. Otherwise I tend to agree with your way of thinking.

Richard

andycktm

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi mac,
i've a bandsaw you maybe interested in and i'm about 50 mins from you.you are welcome to try it.
PM me if you want details :)

mac1012

Established Member
Reaction score
well like i said the actual price was 360 to start with so for the money it seems a good buy i was hoping i might get some feed back on here by someone who has used the machine i wasnt banking on a discussion about vat calculations but thanks anyway !