Simple table advice.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skipdiver

Established Member
Reaction score
Niece is a school headmistress and has asked me if i can make a simple conference table from an oak top with screw on legs. They can't find anything they like off the shelf and in budget, so someone suggested this route.

Any suggestions as to where to source said top and legs would be appreciated. Haven't actually spoken to her yet as i've just returned from nearly a month touring the Scottish Highlands and Islands, but will be popping round there tonight to discuss this and another job she wants doing at home. Would like to have a bit of prior knowledge to impart. Would such a table be suitable and stable enough for the task?

dickm":1q4x1n8a said:
How were the midgies?...

Hardly any at all thankfully. Not much rain either, so was quite lucky. Had a bit of a midge invasion on Arran but the breeze picked up and they disappeared. Think we were lucky for the most part with midges and the weather.

marcros":3gp09tly said:
not what you are asking for, but what about using wedges?

Is the desire for screw in legs to aid storage?

Until i speak to her in person, i don't really know what she has in mind, as all the info i have was sent by text this morning, so i just wanted a couple of ideas to give some options. She just mentioned an oak worktop and legs, nothing more specific than that, so i am assuming someone else came up with the idea at a meeting, as i doubt she would have done so herself.

Having said all that, i'm not quite sure what you mean by your suggestion of wedges.

skipdiver":ecd9l9n4 said:
marcros":ecd9l9n4 said:

Until i speak to her in person, i don't really know what she has in mind, as all the info i have was sent by text this morning, so i just wanted a couple of ideas to give some options. She just mentioned an oak worktop and legs, nothing more specific than that, so i am assuming someone else came up with the idea at a meeting, as i doubt she would have done so herself.

Having said all that, i'm not quite sure what you mean by your suggestion of wedges.

Sorry, it makes more sense if i had inserted the link!

marcros":3gwn73na said:
skipdiver":3gwn73na said:
marcros":3gwn73na said:

Sorry, it makes more sense if i had inserted the link!

Thanks, will have a gander.

Back