silverline 1/4" router bits

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheUnicorn

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used these at all, I've not been very impressed by silverline in the past (laughably bad on occasion) but they are so cheap in toolstation and the majority of reviews are favourable. DIY use only.

I'd describe them as "single-use" unless you're only routing balsawood! Very poor, losing the edge very quickly.

Silverline seems to have a mixed bag of products (mostly re-badged copies) - some reasonable, some dire.

They're OK'ish, depends what it's for. Don't usually buy them but needed one quickly for a job. It was a narrow single flute cutter that left a groove much wider than its stated diameter.

I used a lot of silverline hand tools in my days on building sites (tools supplied by the company) and they were all pretty rubbish, most only lasting a week or two, their levels rarely read true at all. The only silverline tool I have now is an electric plane and I only that because I got it for free.

Has anyone used these at all, I've not been very impressed by silverline in the past (laughably bad on occasion) but they are so cheap in toolstation and the majority of reviews are favourable. DIY use only.

Dude.
They are so cheap why not just buy 1 and see how you get on?

I bought a set of four cutters for £4. I needed one to cut a foot of a particular moulding. It was fine.
I bought a 1/2" core box from Wealden. The first job was 300 feet of full depth groove. It was fine.

Horses for courses.

Silverline seems to have a mixed bag of products (mostly re-badged copies) - some reasonable, some dire.

that was my experience too.

I'll probably just grab one for £2, I suppose I can always take it back if it is not fit for purpose

Latest posts

Back