Signing your work?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lee J":2jggr1cf said:
L2wis":2jggr1cf said:
how much do they cost Lee? Also how do you heat them? With a blow torch?

hi mate, it was £60 and I saw the advert in one of the magazines. I created a custom logo and emailed the logo to them and it arrived about 4 weeks later. It is just like a pyrograph or a soldering iron, plug it in... let it warm up... brand your work. I have mine mounted on my bench. I 'll take some photos of the logo etc tonight.

Thanks for the info Lee, a bit expensive for me as I wouldn't use it very often but I'd still be interested to see the pics :D

This is the tool...

2011-11-27%25252011.05.46.jpg

2011-11-27%25252011.05.58.jpg

and it burns this...

2011-11-27%25252011.06.19.jpg

simples.

my apologies for not reading every post
i saw one similar in the back of woodturning mag for well over £100
i thought that was a bit steep!
60 seems a bit more reasonable but i think i will stick to my sharpie :)

Could someone post a pic of a sharpie sig on a piece so I can see what it looks like before putting a pen on my work?

Why not practise on some scrap and you can try out different designs and styles at no cost(other than the price of the Sharpie)?
One disadvantage of signing your work freehand with pen or pyro, is the possibility of b******ing it up, especially if you are trying to write your name in a circle. DAMHIKT :oops:
Branding irons would be more foolproof, I would have thought.

Ian

Lee J":1khtx5fe said:
This is the tool...
2011-11-27%25252011.05.46.jpg

Do you recall where you got this from? I think it would make a really unique and special gift for that special woodworker in ones life (i.e. me!)

Problem with US ones is they will work off 110v...

I have sent an enquiry to the UK one so will get a quote from them.

Cheers!

wcndave":1a19ngs2 said:
Problem with US ones is they will work off 110v...

I have sent an enquiry to the UK one so will get a quote from them.

Cheers!
Was your enquiry to eyre & baxter?, and if so have they replied yet?

Thanks

they have not sent me a "proper" quote, as the chap was off ill, however he said it was unlikely to be less than £160...

Toolpost 38mm prices are about the same, however I cannot see the link to that anywhere on their site, so not sure if they do it still. I will have to email toolpost to find out.

E&B sent me some quite nice photos of the types of work they do. seems to be a lot of detail in the images. I'll see if I can put on online later.

I use the Axminster pyrography machine with a fine point to sign all my work,date it and state what type of wood it is,just in case theres an inqisitive person about and I`ve forgotten when it was made and what type of wood I`ve used,regards,

Eric.

Back