Show us your Box Shutter latches.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The shutters in the house I'm working on at the moment have latches. The latches still work (turn the knob to open) and the shutters still fold away nicely in to the splayed linings. They are a bit quirky as the right hand side has two shutters which fold out but the left side has three, well it's actually more like two and a half as the one that ends up in the middle is narrower. The level of skill and quality of work people produced 150+ years ago never ceases to amaze me.

shutter latch 1.jpg

shutter latch 2.jpg

shutter latch 3.jpg

The shutters in the house I'm working on at the moment have latches. The latches still work (turn the knob to open) and the shutters still fold away nicely in to the splayed linings. They are a bit quirky as the right hand side has two shutters which fold out but the left side has three, well it's actually more like two and a half as the one that ends up in the middle is narrower. The level of skill and quality of work people produced 150+ years ago never ceases to amaze me.

View attachment 176631

View attachment 176634

View attachment 176635
Yes just the same latches Doug.
Thanks for showing.
Cheers, Andy

Latest posts

Back