Shopmade Jigs and tips...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MDF_HAKA":33m5mye0 said:
Would it not be easier to start over with an empty forum and have people resubmit ideas? Might save a lot of work.

Hey Steve...according to my count I have some 100 posts to "resubmit".... :)

Nah, it's not so difficult. Actually, it's very easy...and if I'm saying that it's easy - it's easy (I understand in computers like you guys understand in space ships....I hope that nobody understands in space ships otherwise, I'm in trouble... :) )

You just go to your post, click "Edit", highlight (or bluelight) all the post, right click and "Copy", go to the "Jigs" forum - "New topic" - right click and "Past" and that's it....(100 times ??? :) )
But I'm sure that you know all that...

One request / suggestion is - please give a title that will reflect the content....A title like I gave to one of my posts - "Do you have a sawboard" doesn't say nothing about the "real thing" that was actually a tapering jig....or "Getting Jiggy with it" (sorry Pete) that would be more correct to be titled as "Measuring sticks" or "Bar gauge".

Of course we can make it easier to search by putting the tool/machine at the beginning of the title like - "TS - cutting thin strips" (TS for table saw), same with RT (router table), DP (drill press, BS (band saw), PT (planer/thicknesser) etc.
So, when we go through the posts the TS or DP will pop in front of the eyes.

And special thanks to Charley and the Mods for maitaning this wonderfull forum....

So....when do we start to "Copy & Past" :)

Best regards
niki

Niki":vstcwbtp said:
MDF_HAKA":vstcwbtp said:
Would it not be easier to start over with an empty forum and have people resubmit ideas? Might save a lot of work.

Hey Steve...according to my count I have some 100 posts to "resubmit".... :)

Best regards
niki

You have a little more time yet Niki, might be 150+ by then, so get cracking. :lol:

MDF_HAKA":30crqrsm said:
You have a little more time yet Niki, might be 150+ by then, so get cracking. :lol:
That's the reason that I'm pressing to start the Jigs forum now :)

Regards
niki

The Jigs section is now online. I'll start moving some previously posted jig threads but we won't be doing them all. If you spot a thread which you would like moved over to the new section, please PM the link(s) to me.

THANK YOU Charley, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Regards,
Rich.

Thanks for that Charley, it'll be a great benefit to many.

Any chance of a Politics Forum? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Err.... can someone pass me my hat please.

Nice one, you are greatly appreciated
goodjob.gif

Thanks a lot Charley..this will be of great benefit to lots of us.
Appreciated
Thanks
Timmo

MDF_HAKA":spgyzbgb said:
Thanks for that Charley, it'll be a great benefit to many.

Any chance of a Politics Forum? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Err.... can someone pass me my hat please.

One can only HOPE, :D :D :D

Regards,
Rich.

MDF_HAKA":232psx3g said:
Charley":232psx3g said:
Hi all,

I wasn't being reticence at all. In-fact I've been away all week on my UKW funded yacht in the south of France :wink: :lol:

:lol:

Thanks for the reply. Would it not be easier to start over with an empty forum and have people resubmit ideas? Might save a lot of work.

The problem is maintainance - if someone comes up with a jig that useful for scrollsawing, which forum does it go into to?

The more sub-forums you have, the worse this gets.

As Charley said, creating a new forum is easy.

It seems (on re-reading the thread "In the round") that people don't want a jigs forum, they want an easy way to find (previous?) jig-related posts. I would say this is more of a searching issue than a forum-creation issue.

BugBear

bugbear":1nt5xxww said:
It seems (on re-reading the thread "In the round") that people don't want a jigs forum, they want an easy way to find (previous?) jig-related posts. I would say this is more of a searching issue than a forum-creation issue.

BugBear

But we've got it now? and it's already got loads of posts in it.

I like it.

Means in the times when I not turning bowls (my favourite) I can be making stuff for the workshop (my second favourte) :p

Thanks Charley et al

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Steve Maskery":1ueu1kzb said:
Hey Jake, have you nicked my keyboard?
S
:)

LoL :D

i was going to suggest a router forum but having seen the ammount of needless agravation this thread caused i don't think i'll bother

Back