Shop Vac advice sought

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another vote for a cheap cyclone. I have a sub £20 cyclone on front of a Henry, nothing goes through to the Henry bag, and suction is still plenty.

Not sure how long it takes for twenty quids worth of bags to pay for themselves, but the convenience is enough on its own for me...

It's normal in some vacs to have a pre-filter before the main filter. The collection bags do let quite a bit of the finest dust through. If they didn't they would blind very quickly. You can also get industrial vacs that have good filtration, but still collect directly into a drum - on the biggest machines it would be a bit difficult to have 60 or 80 litre bags! have a look at the machines on the BVC - british vacuum cleaners website - bit expensive for DIY use though...

I have a titan wet and dry vac as my shop/site vac.

The cheaper paper bags were useless (tore sucking up bits of brick and mortar) so I started using the fabric bags (very good but ££££!)

I have recently done away with filling bags up though - I 'borrowed' a festool extractor bag from a colleague, sliced it across its width, turned it inside out then placed over the filter in my vac and held on by a bungee.

If you have ever seen the inside of a festool extractor you will know how good their bags are - clean as a whistle!

Early days yet but I shall report back if it works well...

For those wet and dry machines without a bag.

I have used an industrial wet wipe wrapped around the cylinder filter then when you come to empty the thank you simply unroll the wetwipe and dispose with the contents of the vac. Saves the filter getting blocked.

Cheers James

Just make up your own cyclone collection box.
It saves on
Bags
Filter blockage
Better dust collection as it’s not hitting the filter.

Latest posts

Back