'Shop made guide rail

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I've decided to make a guide rail system for breaking down sheet materials. Does anybody have any good linkys to any other builds before I decide on a final design. I'm thinking of something more than a basic "1 board ontop of another" design, and would like to incorporate a tracking feature to stop any potential saw wander.

Cheers

Karl

Thanks shultzy.

The error with that one was that the dovetail in the base really needed to be set into a hardwood strip as when clamping pressure was applied it pulled through the MDF.

So the second version I made the board wide enough to avoid the motor, and then just directly clamped onto that.

Karl

Is this what you are looking for?

CircularsawguideSmall.jpg

Only if you can put up with the loss of depth-of-cut :lol: IMHO This could be reduced.

Sorry I only have a picture :oops: but this gives a good idea :?:

Dave[/img]

The guide rail above (red saw) is one I made recently. The comment about loss of depth of cut is absolutely justified but it was specifically made to cut 18mm mdf and 12mm birch ply which it does really well. Max depth of cut would be about 24mm.

The blue masking tape is now gone. It didn't really contribute anything and kept shredding and getting in the way. I put it on to protect the edge of the contiboard but it didn't really have any effect.

The whole thing cost about a tenner. Festool it ain't but then it only gets used in fits and starts.

Latest posts

Back