Shocking Tax Plans

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's also worth reading the Wiki on Mr. Monboit.

He gets paid (very well) to write what is in my opinion uncorroborated FUD for a large national newspaper and his blog.

Remember - not everything you read on't tinterweb thingy is true.

Titus A Duxass":1wn1u2rd said:
It's also worth reading the Wiki on Mr. Monboit.

He gets paid (very well) to write what is in my opinion uncorroborated FUD for a large national newspaper and his blog.

Remember - not everything you read on't tinterweb thingy is true.

But he has citations for his claims, in the referenced footnotes?

BugBear

I gave up reading Moonboot when he started telling me that we were all gonna drown from rising sea levels and that the Gulf Stream was gonna stop.
Looks as though he is increasing his herd of hobby horses to me, no political party keeps strictly to their manifesto.

Roy.

He's wrong about the Gulf Stream, and we are gonna have to wait some time for rising sea levels to make us grow webbed feet.
He printed his sources for that as well.

Roy.

Digit":13gf05uj said:
He's wrong about the Gulf Stream, and we are gonna have to wait some time for rising sea levels to make us grow webbed feet.
He printed his sources for that as well.

Roy.

The Gulfstream has altered and explains our colder than usual winter. Whether it is a long term change - who knows.

Dibs

I didn't say alter dibs, he claimed that it would cease to flow, he got it from the IPCC. Remember that we have only been monitoring the GS since 1956.

Roy.

Digit":2unxky6h said:
I didn't say alter dibs, he claimed that it would cease to flow, he got it from the IPCC. Remember that we have only been monitoring the GS since 1956.

Roy.

Ah - Ok. Didn't realise that he meant cease. He probably thinks we're all descended from an alien called Zog, no doubt! :mrgreen:

Dibs

Moonblot.....says it all.

I'd save my wrath for Richard D North (what's with the D anyway? twit).....it's been a long time since I foamed at the mouth while listening t'radio....but yesterday's You and Yours had this . banging on about library cuts and saying that libraries were a waste of space etc and coming up with all sorts of lunatic ideas to replace them...all his ideas needed either a Kindle or access to the Internet. Great if you have either....not great if you don't have any money or don't want to read on an electronic gizmo or a computer or are elderly and have no wish to buy a computer etc. I was cussing and swearing at the radio the more this . went on. At the end, listening to his wrap-up point of view, I swear that if he'd said it to my face in the pub then I'd have smacked him one...and I've never hit anyone before in my life. Never have I heard such a pompous, arrogant, patronising prick.

/rant off/

RogerS":7zvfq9nt said:
Moonblot.....says it all.

I'd save my wrath for Richard D North (what's with the D anyway? twit).....it's been a long time since I foamed at the mouth while listening t'radio....but yesterday's You and Yours had this . banging on about library cuts and saying that libraries were a waste of space etc and coming up with all sorts of lunatic ideas to replace them...all his ideas needed either a Kindle or access to the Internet. Great if you have either....not great if you don't have any money or don't want to read on an electronic gizmo or a computer or are elderly and have no wish to buy a computer etc. I was cussing and swearing at the radio the more this . went on. At the end, listening to his wrap-up point of view, I swear that if he'd said it to my face in the pub then I'd have smacked him one...and I've never hit anyone before in my life. Never have I heard such a pompous, arrogant, patronising prick.

/rant off/

It must be catching. I heard a woman yesterday lunchtime (Radio 2) supporting Manchester's plan to shut 18 out of 19 public toilets by saying they were all unpleasant and when asked what people should do came up with the phrase that 'they should take responsibility for themselves'. I would categorise he in a similar way to Roger's last sentence.

Misterfish

Back