Sheet good cutting service

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tezza111

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone got any opinions on 'cutrights' or wrights carpentry. Sheet goods cut to length edgebanding etc. Have used them
once.........got to admit the mdf cuts were spot on unlike my local timber yard which were out by a mm here and there and
you could see the saw burn on alot of the cuts. They were quite expensive though just wondering if anyone else has used them
and if anyone really thinks that edgebanding is really that much of a big deal on mdf work......not sure my customer really noticed
the difference to be honest. My local wenban smith (who dont do edgebanding) quoted me way less on a recent project than cutrights.

T

Whehter the level of accuracy, and the availability of the edge banding, are things that are worth paying extra for is something only you can decide.

I work sheet materials as part of my living, and I've looked that their website and must say that I am very interested. Unfortunately I don't yet know how much they charge, as I would have to submit a cutting list to get a quote, but I would have to say that it would need to be a lot before it put me off. Accurate panels means square cabinets, and if someone is prepared to invest in the machinery that they have, then they deserve to get a decent payback from it. I expect my using them would work out cheaper that doing it myself, in the long run.

Tezza, Ive just ordered £300 worth of Egger board from them picking up Friday I hope, for a job on Saturday. Very expensive shelves but Im sure they will be good quality. I had a good old chat with the director in there , they also do made to measure shaker doors etc for very reasonable prices and they come spray primed or they can put a finish on them too. I was very impressed with them, apparently they started as a fitted furniture company but realized there was a market for supplying panel products. They are moving to a bigger place soon.

Thanks for giving this site a mention, I have bookmarked it, and will use them for a quote when needed.

Re: chippy, The furniture company I worked for last year had this sort of setup, with the beam saw & edge bander. Many more machines including CNC.... unfortunatley I think they tried to run before they could walk and now it's no-more....

Picked up all the stuff yesterday luckily I was working up in Knightsbridge and finished at 1.30 so plenty of time to get back and pick it up. Wrights send you a text and an email when your stuff is ready for collection , good idea.

Fitted it all today and as far as I can tell it was all spot on millimetre perfect, the edging I chose was the 2mm thick stuff which looks very tough should take a few knocks.

Back