Shed roof

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scoffy

Established Member
Reaction score
With all the winds we have had lately I have been concerned about my shed roof. At the moment it is just roofing felt, it did start to lift a bit but I screwed a batton of wood on. I am thinking that in the summer I will replace the felt with something else, I am drawn towards the felt shingles. The shed is 5 metres x 6 metres with an apex roof and in quite an exposed position. Has anyone any experience of these shingles? Or perhaps a better idea. i would really appreciate so e advice on this.

I prefer Coroline type roofing, light weight but tough, easy to fix properly, with 15 year warranty. Mine was £11 for 2.5 metre lengths. I had to use 24 of them. Still perfect 8 years on in a really exposed paddock.

Phil

Metrotile or equivalent :)

A layer of 1/2" ply covered in A1 membrane and just bolt the tile sheets on with drywall screws. Job done :D

The derelict shack at the bottom of my garden has a metal roof. The shack is ghastly but the roof itself is excellent. As soon as I have PP it is coming off and will be up for grabs, if you are interested. It's big enough.
S

I've tiled, very satisfying to do and does the job, if the frame will take the weight. I think it looks better too.

I've used the bitumen topped felt shingles on two shed rooves now. The first I did in 1996 and its still waterproof. The second in 2007 and of course that is too. So I like them. Relatively easy to fit though roof needs to be boarded first.

Back