Sharpening my wood chisels etc

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmac80

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all
Hope you all had a good Christmas :ho2
The wife just bought me a Scheppach tiger 2500 (now called 5.0) so i can sharpen the chisels, my axes and her kitchen knives lol.
From what i can make out i can just buy the tormek jigs for it and they are actually probably a bit better than the scheppach jigs?
also it doesn't come with a grading stone for changing the stone grade, can i just use a tormek one like.. http://www.tormek.com/en/accessories/sp650/
also going to order the tormek truing jig for it.
Thanks All :)

hi i would think that being a clone of the tormek there may be differences in the fittings but the tiger you have looks a lot like the rutlands model possibly the same rebadged . the jigs are a lot cheaper they also sell the grading stone as well i would try those first

From various sources I understand that only the tormek has fully stainless steel parts (shaft, nuts etc) connecting the stone to the motor and that these will rust in time. I have the jet version and coated these parts with cv boot grease which is also a water repellant.

Some here might think it unnecessary but worth doing just incase.

Back