Shared 'pen blank' purchase. They're here!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All,

Had a bid on the 2nd lot of blanks today, unsuccessfully again.

However, I deliberately only bid upto $80 as I've had an offer from the seller to buy a box of 140 blanks for $125 delivered to the UK. That's basically $80 for the blanks and $45 for p&p. I've emailed him again today and hope to get an answer and maybe some photos of the blanks shortly. Not sure if it'll be 14 blanks each of 10 species as per earlier listings or some other combination but I'm hopeful of getting a number of each blanks that is divisible by seven!

Again, I'll keep you posted.

Cheers,

Neil.

Guys,

I've agreed with the eBay seller to buy 140 blanks for $125 delivered to me. The blanks themselves will be the same species as the original lot that I first posted a link to. So 14 blanks of 10 different species = 2 x 10 per person.

By the time they get delivered to you guys I'm guessing it'll be around £15 max for 20 blanks, unless I get hit for duty (0%?) and/or VAT. In which case slightly more.

At the moment I'm just waiting to hear back about a Paypal account, then it's down to the USPS/Royal mail.

Cheers,

Neil.

Hi Blister,

Unfortunately this lot is all spoken for, although should anyone change their mind before I get them I'll let you know. If the pens look as good as I'm hoping they will I'll probably order some more in the future. There are other listings by the same seller on eBay.com if you wanted 20 of one type. Apparently there is also a larger box which holds around 250 blanks which would bring the postage cost down even further per blank.

Cheers,

Neil.

Neil. Find out a price for the £250. I may have an idea...

Hi Tom,

Turned that Masur yet?

I've emailed the seller for a price on the larger box, which actually holds 224 blanks apparently.

I'll let you know shortly.

Neil.

Thank you for doing this Neil I am looking forward to their arrival. :D

john

No not had a chance yet Neil. Don't worry. It will be displayed here when I get round to it :)

Cheers John, :)

I suppose I really should turn one myself..... 'Catch 22'?

Anyway, the box of crosscut blanks are on their way as we speak. I've no idea how long they're likely to take but as soon as they arrive I'll let you know. In the meantime I've PM'd you guys re addresses for posting them on.

Cheers,

Neil.

Hi All,

Got a letter from Parcel Force today. Good news is that the blanks are at their depot in Ipswich. Slightly bad news is that they want some cash from me. £12.89 for HMC&E VAT and £8 for their 'adminstration', Presumably it takes over an hour for some poor bu**er on minimum wage to administer it!

Anyway, I'll go and collect tomorrow and hopefully post them out to you on Monday lunchtime, (unfortunately I can't do Saturday as I'm going to an all day Mick Hanbury demo). Once I know the UK postage cost I'll let you know the total and a breakdown so it's all transparent. I'm hoping the postage is going to be around the £2.50 - £3.00 mark, but don't actually know! Should be under £20 for 20 blanks whatever.

If for any reason anyone thinks it's too much or has just changed their mind I won't worry if you want to drop out. Just let me know before Monday if that's the case.

Cheers,

neil.

Back