Setting up my tablesaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrimTheKing

Established Member
Reaction score
After my house move late in December last year I am finally getting round to sorting out the workshop (tour photo's to follow soon). I set up the tablesaw properly in it's place and added the right hand extension table and have polished and waxed the tables to prevent that nasty rust, but when I have come to put on the front and rear rails I am a bit stuck.

It is the Fox 10" machine and the instructions are written in the finest Chaiwanese which is missing vital parts of the instruction... Where I am struggling is, I have put the bolts into the front of the table and slid on the front rail, but I am not sure of the best way to line up the ruler. Do I stick a straight edge along the blade and line up the '0' mark with the right hand side of the saw kerf?

I am pretty sure that will work out right, but just looking for a little assurance...

Cheers

Mark

Assuming your fence is on the right of the blade, the 0 on the tape wants to be on the rightmost part of the blade

That'll do for a start. Then set the fence to, say, an indicated 100mm, and cut a strip of scrap. Measure the scrap to find out the actual width, and adjust the tape so the mark at the fence reflects reality.

OllyK":177pnss5 said:
Assuming your fence is on the right of the blade, the 0 on the tape wants to be on the rightmost part of the blade
Yep, to the right of the blade it is.

Jake":177pnss5 said:
That'll do for a start. Then set the fence to, say, an indicated 100mm, and cut a strip of scrap. Measure the scrap to find out the actual width, and adjust the tape so the mark at the fence reflects reality.
Ahhh, makes sense, will do that tonight.

Cheers chaps, very helpful.

Mark

Back