Serious question...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodbloke

Established Member
Reaction score
Never mind about Fred the Shred, the recession and global warming...what biscuits (edible :wink: ) do members go for, I've tried most of the delights that Tesco have to offer and still the same bloody things end up in the trolly on a Friday night...Bourbons, Garibali (dried fly) and a packet of Rich T. So what am I missing? - Rob

You cannot beat Chocolate chip cookies, we buy the Merba brand, not as expensive as the Cadbury brand and limit ourselves to only one a day.
Sainsbury do a small pack but Morrisons do a large pack around 30% cheaper.

(BTW one less high clorie biscuit a day means 5 lbs off your weight a year)

MALTED MILK - No more to be said - get thee behind me Satan!! :wink: :wink:

Mark :D

Hob Nobs for me too. I'm also partial to Fig Rolls and Garibaldi lately. Missus loves the choc-chip cookies! :roll: :wink:

Very topical...for me right now because I'm sitting here with a mug of coffee and a new biscuit, for me...Fox's Whipped Creams, a shortcake biscuit with cream and lemon curd, quite delicious. My dear wife bought them today and we agree that she made a super decision and I can see a row on the horizon when I eat the last one.

But... I still enjoy two Marie biscuits or two Digestive biscuits with butter between them, which is a good job because that's probably what I'll be relegated to after my crime later tonight.

Garibaldi a favourite around here. Anyone else remember the chocolate coated ones that I am sure were available in the 70s?

Cheers

Andy - starved of decent biscuits over here

Mc Vites, Plain chocolate digestives, Waitrose have two packs for nearly the price of one. I find that the plain choc holds up better than milk when dunked. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Chocolate hob-nobs are the great biscuit,but have always liked bourbons and custard creams as well :D

Andrew

Chocolate Hob Nobs here too. We don't eat that many biscuits, so the cost isn't an issue. Would be an expensive habit if you were on a pack a day tho'.

Cheers

Karl

Foxes vienese
Cadbury jestives (if they still make them)
Party rings
The old fav Jammie dodgers
Choc rich tea
B&N's (square with the faces on em)
Cadbury fingers.
Tunnocks tea cakes
Wagon wheels
Slice of jamaican ginger cake and fight over the end peices :lol:

All these have gone well with a cuppa over the years

We also used to buy fairly regularly ordinary digestives which are the very best for dunking in tea, until they disintigrate and fall to the bottom of your mug :x Can't go with Pete though on plain choccy digestives for dunking ...hot melted choc :(
JS used to do a nice tangy bicci called Zesters but I haven't seen them for long while.
I once nearly got a complete choc Kit-Kat, no innards :lol: - Rob

Latest posts

Back