Serious question...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
First time I've heard a biscuit described in such terms,but I know just what you mean.. :wink:

Andrew

Am I the only one to love Jaffa Cakes? extremely bad for you 'Darling' assures me so tests my diligence by finding ever more interesting hiding places for them - found them in a Sage & Onion stuffing carton last week!

Jim

I've just found out that you can still get 'Club' biscuits! :shock: I thought that was yet another detail of my youth consigned to the history books! I wonder if the chocolate is still always slightly thicker at one end than the other?

Gower":28mqyauh said:
Am I the only one to love Jaffa Cakes? extremely bad for you 'Darling' assures me so tests my diligence by finding ever more interesting hiding places for them - found them in a Sage & Onion stuffing carton last week!

Jim
Officially a cake not a biscuit, but sematics aside I think I agree with you, I have always loved them.

And regarding how bad they are, poppycock according to my sisters mate who is a dietician. They are advised as a sweet treat on many diets.

That's my take on it anyway, and I'm sticking to it! :D

Mark

Vormulac":2hzyykth said:
I've just found out that you can still get 'Club' biscuits! :shock: I thought that was yet another detail of my youth consigned to the history books! I wonder if the chocolate is still always slightly thicker at one end than the other?

:p :p :p - and you just HAVE to make a replica FA CUP out of the foil !
( I can't be the only one who did that !! :p :p :p )

My favourite is the peanut topped biscuit (don't know the name) that I used to buy in primary school at milk time, I think they cost a ha'penny. I now make my own from a Delia Smith recipe.

filsgreen":14mmaop1 said:
My favourite is the peanut topped biscuit (don't know the name) that I used to buy in primary school at milk time, I think they cost a ha'penny. I now make my own from a Delia Smith recipe.

Be careful, you can build up an allergy situation over a number of years with things like peanuts?

filsgreen":1hucd9p2 said:
Thanks for the advice Devonwoody. If I had to give up nuts of any kind :wink: , life wouldn't be worth living.

Problem is that if you have an anaphalaxis attack, life certainly doesnt appear to be worth living. (something like drowning and if you do survive you are dead scared of the next one)

I have to report that SWIMBO sent me out to JS last nite for a few bits, one of which was a packet of plain choccy digestives. Now taking Pete's advice and trying the correct technical methodology as described in the Daily T, I did in fact attempt a scientific dunk :sick: ...and plain choccy is still much better straight from the fridge :wink: - Rob

woodbloke":2z4itj2y said:
I have to report that SWIMBO sent me out to JS last nite for a few bits, one of which was a packet of plain choccy digestives. Now taking Pete's advice and trying the correct technical methodology as described in the Daily T, I did in fact attempt a scientific dunk :sick: ...and plain choccy is still much better straight from the fridge :wink:

- Rob
Rob but you don't get the the chocolate marks around your mouth if there hard and frozen, there is an art to it the duration of the dunk is critical along with the temp of the tea. Of course as the the tea cools with time the dunking time increases. Quite technical really. :lol:

newt":1mbpvlqo said:
woodbloke":1mbpvlqo said:
I have to report that SWIMBO sent me out to JS last nite for a few bits, one of which was a packet of plain choccy digestives. Now taking Pete's advice and trying the correct technical methodology as described in the Daily T, I did in fact attempt a scientific dunk :sick: ...and plain choccy is still much better straight from the fridge :wink:

- Rob
Rob but you don't get the the chocolate marks around your mouth if there hard and frozen, there is an art to it the duration of the dunk is critical along with the temp of the tea. Of course as the the tea cools with time the dunking time increases. Quite technical really. :lol:
I can see this requires a practical demo in the kitchen...will get some more at Tesco's on Friday nite, fancy coming round on Sat? - Rob

Vormulac":3gheen58 said:
Rob, bless you for fearlessly undertaking these risky experiments so we don't have to.

What a guy. :wink:

V.
A bloke's gota do what a bloke's gota do... :lol: - Rob

Ok Rob I will do it, its a tough decision to have to make, but I feel I am up for it.

Latest posts

Back