Serious question...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
woodbloke":18eg88cy said:
I once nearly got a complete choc Kit-Kat, no innards :lol: - Rob

Been there got the tea shirt, bought a multi pack of about 10 number four finger jobies every one was solid chocolate :lol:

Lord Nibbo":6ia2ngq7 said:
woodbloke":6ia2ngq7 said:
I once nearly got a complete choc Kit-Kat, no innards :lol: - Rob

Been there got the tea shirt, bought a multi pack of about 10 number four finger jobies every one was solid chocolate :lol:
Confectionary gloatage there...lucky sod :lol: Do I get a solid choccy KK for 5000 posts? - Rob :lol:

It used to be hob nobs, fig rolls, fruit shortcakes, GINGER NUTS, digestives, GINGERNUTS, proper butter shortbread, GINGER NUTS....

There's an unopened packet of fig rolls in the larder. Only allowed one or two a week now since I've recently been diagnosed as a diabetic. I suspect SWMBO wil be counting them now.

Les :(

Heathen Sassenachs ye are .... Tunnocks Caramal Wafers.
Accept no subsitiute. :wink:
51.jpg

The home-made cookies that one of the makers in our workshop regularly brings in, made by his wife. How good is that?!!!

Dan Tovey":329xygic said:
Now we're talking!

I also have an bit of an addiction to their teacakes;

images.jpg

Accept no alternatives - they've got to be Tunnocks!

Dan
Oh Yes! I ate a full box of these to myself in the car on the way back from playing footy last Monday night! Well, you have to get that energy back somehow don't you!

:D

Mark

TrimTheKing":3bumq696 said:
Oh Yes! I ate a full box of these to myself in the car on the way back from playing footy last Monday night! Well, you have to get that energy back somehow don't you!

Mark

You must be getting old - I used to get my energy back by downing a few pints !

Cheers

Karl

karl":jbdd9d0r said:
TrimTheKing":jbdd9d0r said:

Mark

You must be getting old - I used to get my energy back by downing a few pints !

Cheers

Karl
Haha, me too mate, but I have to get back in time to help bath baby, 'family time' and all that :D

Don't woryy, I'm half way through my second bottle of Tyskie now just to make sure I recover that energy :D

Cheers

Mark

In todays telegraph the top ten tea dunking biscuits

1 chocolete digestive
2 rich tea
3 hobnob
4 digestive
5 chocolete bourbon
6 chocolete hobnob
7 chocolete chip cookies
8 custard creams
9 shortbread
10 ginger bread

Rob you should give it a try

newt":2725jmgn said:
In todays telegraph the top ten tea dunking biscuits

1 chocolete digestive
2 rich tea
3 hobnob
4 digestive
5 chocolete bourbon
6 chocolete hobnob
7 chocolete chip cookies
8 custard creams
9 shortbread
10 ginger bread

Rob you should give it a try
Pete - next time you come round we'll have a comparative test (I'll get in a few packets)...still not sure about plain choccy digestives for dunking though. What does the Daily T base it's criteria on I wonder?

A quick perusal of the Daily T reveals this:

Physicist Dr Len Fisher, a honorary research fellow at Bristol University, used a hi-tech Instron stress-tester to calculate the breaking-point of each biscuit.

Chocolate digestives won because their coating protected them from the effects of the hot tea.

The biscuits can withstand at least eight seconds in a tea or coffee - and emerge almost as strong post-dunk as it was dry - compared to a mere three to four seconds ginger nuts and hobnobs.

Dr Fisher, 56, said: said: "Dunking biscuits calls for a return to the wide-brimmed porcelain cup.

"The best strategy is a flat-on approach, biscuit-side down to minimise chocolate bleed into your tea or coffee and to maintain the chocolate layer as a crack-stopper.

"For other biscuits I recommend a full, wide-brimmed cup of tea with a biscuit dunked at a shallow angle with the imprinted surface down. The art lies in the journey twixt cup and lip.

"The biscuit - held as you would a penny - should be removed in a smooth fluid motion with the dunked half swivelled, so that it is supported by the dry section of the biscuit, to reach your mouth first."

Interesting...will have to give this a try, previously I've been a straight forward vertical, two second immersion sort of dunker but clearly there's more to it :lol: - Rob

Its another 'Jock' food ... don't know if you get them down the wrong side of the wall, but the ABERNETHY is an admirable dunker...
AbernethyBiscuits.jpg

And a 'revolting and disgusting' habit from my pre-diabetic days, but well worth a try if you haven't before ...
Get yer mug of tea, chuck half a Yorkie in it... the tea is wonderful, and you have some delicious melted goo to work your way through once you've drunk the tea !.
Paradise Lost :p :p :p

Oh Hell, you've really opened a pot of nutella - sorry - can of worms on this one, which biscuit? I find biscuits need careful consideration for their anticipated duty.

Hobnobs of the leaded or unleaded variety are fine biscuits indeed, but something of a niche item, if you're not quite feeling too sick to do something and fancy a nibble then that's probably the answer right there.

Disgustives, again, plain or chocolate - a splendid all-purpose biscuit (we're talking about the round ones here, not the disgustive fingers - they're a totally different kettle of confectionary). Can be dunked, eaten as a snack or coated with peanut butter or somesuch thing.

Chocolate Bourbons. Hmm... possibly the king of biscuits. Not one but TWO! Two layers of chocolate biscuits insulated by a dielectric of chocolate fondant. Has a lot going for it. Worth dunking too if one accepts the possible risk of a half inch of sludge in the bottom of the mug.

Ginger nuts are right up there with the Bourbon, has to be said. Tough enough you think maybe your teeth are going to give way first and then magically exploding into wonderfully sweet spikey spicyness. Definitely a favourite of mine, the spikier the better, Sainsbury's sells a make, can't remember what they're called but they're definitely weapons grade biscuits - fabulous stuff.

Fig rolls are more of a cake than a biscuit I always think, delicious, but not at biscuit time. Slightly inappropriate and probably dirty but in a good way.

Jaffa cakes and wagon wheels, see above. Nom nom nom, but less so than fig rolls.

McVitie's Gold bars - the Anthea Turner of the biscuit world.

AB biscuits straight out of the ration pack, the squashed fly ones are surprisingly not quite toxic, although the non-fly ones do leave the general impression that one is chewing a manhole cover - not necessarily a bad thing as they last for ages in tea and can be used as an improvised weapon if attacked whilst bewing up.

More tea, vicar?

PowerTool":6ntnz3ue said:
Chocolate hob-nobs are the great biscuit,but have always liked bourbons and custard creams as well :D

Dark chocolate Hob-Nobs are the great biscuit! Milk chocolate ones come a close second behind dark chocolate Digestives. I am also fond the Custard Cream much to SWMBOs disgust.

Rich Tea have a duoble use: as dunking, and to hold a thick layer of Nutela between a pair of them.

Household biscuit consumption has gone right down since the children have been old enough to recognise them. As part of the campaign to limit the sugar intake of the kids we don't have biscuits around as much and end up eating less ourselves.

V - an excellent analysis :lol: I'm with you on Ginger Nuts...why don't they make one that strips the enamel off your teeth, something with a bit of 'bite' (good pun there :D ) to it. Bourbons are also up there, never tried dunking them though - Rob

Vormulac":j7i2qqvg said:
Fig rolls are more of a cake than a biscuit I always think, delicious, but not at biscuit time. Slightly inappropriate and probably dirty but in a good way.

Rather like the dark hair'd woman out of Abba.
Didn't have the 'archetypal' qualities one would 'usually' consider for the required purpose, but had that 'delicious and dirty' appeal of which you speak.
I concur re: the fig roll. - truly the Anni-Frid Lyngstad of the biscuit world.
:wink:

Latest posts

Back