September Woodturning Challenge - THE RESULTS

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henton49er

Established Member
Reaction score
A very small entry this month with only five to judge. :cry: :cry:

Judges Scoring

The places are as follows -

1. dennisk - A good attempt at a matching pair and well finished - 10 points
2. dalboy - Well turned, a good match and nicely finished - 8 points
3. J-G - Closely matched pair - 6 points
4. KimG - Competentlhy turned and a good finish - 4 points
5. Wybrook - An ambitious design and a good attempt - 2 points

Well done to all who entered, let's have a few more entrants having a go!

Entrants' Scoring

First: Dennisk, placed top by two fellow competitors and second by the other two - 5 points
Second: KimG, with one first place and two seconds - 4 points
Third: Dalboy, with one first place and one second - 3 points
Fourth: J-G - 2 points
Fifth: Wybrook - 1 point

Overall Scores

Clear winner of this month's plaque with 15 points is Dennisk =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Second place - Dalboy with 11 points
Third equal - J-G and KimG (a good first entry this year from J-G =D> =D> =D> ) with 8 points
Fifth - Wybrook with 3 points

Year to date scores:

Dennisk 80
Dalboy 76
KimG 43
Sheptonphil 34
woodmonkey 31
Random Orbital Bob 27
nev 24
wybrook 22
Grahamshed 21
heatherw 18
sammo 16
tpot 14
winemaker 12
J-G 8
swb58 8
procell 7
Soylent1 5
NickWelford 3
Tazmaniandevil 3
Vic Perrin 2
gregmcateer 1
jethro 1
Melinda_dd 1
Rich Morgan 1
SteveF 1

Well done to all entrants. A small but very competent field this month; I'm sure that Paul found it difficult to separate the placings - I know that I did!!

Thanks, wow. Did not think I had the winner there, but thanks. This challenge is not about winning, its to me getting better and being able to spend a few hours, in a stupid busy life, enjoying this wonderful pastime. Also,it has been said time and time again, this challenge is being enjoyed by not just us the participants, but other observers and perhaps fans of the challenge. I know I really look forward to seeing what the entries will be, how and why those ideas and projects were thought up and arrived at , and then turned.

I have ruffled some feathers with some of my comments in the past, but everyone is in the same boat these days with busy lives, I just dont want to hear the excuses, valid or not. I look forward every month to this challenge and somehow working the time in. It is never a chore to somehow get to the lathe and contribute to my enjoyment, and perhaps others as well.

Thanks again to all who support this challenge.

Thanks, wow. Did not think I had the winner there, but thanks. This challenge is not about winning, its to me getting better and being able to spend a few hours, in a stupid busy life, enjoying this wonderful pastime. Also,it has been said time and time again, this challenge is being enjoyed by not just us the participants, but other observers and perhaps fans of the challenge. I know I really look forward to seeing what the entries will be, how and why those ideas and projects were thought up and arrived at , and then turned.

I have ruffled some feathers with some of my comments in the past, but everyone is in the same boat these days with busy lives, I just dont want to hear the excuses, valid or not. I look forward every month to this challenge and somehow working the time in. It is never a chore to somehow get to the lathe and contribute to my enjoyment, and perhaps others as well.

Thanks again to all who support this challenge.

I'm well pleased that my effort wasn't barred due to the type of equipment I use and put me in the middle of the pack - albeit in a small field :) and am encouraged by Mike's comments.

Let's hope that there will be more 'bangles' than 'pairs'.

Well done Dennisk on a first. Also well done on all the rest for taking part and hope there are a few more for the next month, the more the merrier

Back