Selling small bits and legal cover

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi
instead of making your own website or getting one made ive been selling through etsy im in the uk but that is not a problem for it you can put your items on in gbp or us dollars its 20 cents and insert for 3 months with 5 pics
you will need paypal to take the money with. As for craft fairs they can be hit and miss there are so many around its choosing the right one at the right price, and as for ebay that has gone down hill as far as selling craft work and the like
i only use it now when they have a free insertion weekend.

Hope this helps

The arts fairs I do (to sell photography, not wood thing) require that you have public liability insurance before you're allowed to exhibit. I think that's more to do with your actual stand than the things you sell - if it were to fall over onto a child you need to be covered. You are also s'posed to have cover if you are leaving your stand overnight as some places won't insure your stock if there was a fire or theft. You also need your electrical items to be PAT testing once a year.

I've never known anyone to get insurance to cover the items they sell - is anyone going to have an issue with a pen?! I s'pose your public liability would cover that anyway.

Craft/art fairs can be good but I've found the economy has had an effect and sales are generally down - don't aim to make a fortune!

Just a thought - you could also set up an Etsy shop (etsy.com) - it's more geared towards small craft items and would suit what you're doing quite well.

Back