Secret Drawers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corset

Established Member
Reaction score
Without being too ironic, i am having trouble finding examples of secret compartments in cabinets. :D . I am building a dressing stand with drawers and I like the idea of a few hidden compartments to keep my grey matter going. As the cabinet has not been designed internally yet so i have quite a bit of flexibilty and I was hoping to borrow a few bits of classic design or from a Tansu chest (i think they are called this). However i am struggling to find any info. Any suggestions on the web?
Any help would be much appreciated.
Owen

Owen - I would also be interested to see if there is any info on the web for secret drawer mechanisms as I've often wanted to build a piece containing some of these mechanisms :wink: - Rob

Maybe we are trying to enter a secret world of the proffesionals and like the magic circle divulging secrets equates to expulsion. :)
Owen

I've got a book here somewhere, talks about all of this stuff, it is more like a handmade pamphlet really, but great info, I'll try to find it and the ISBN number.....

If you fancy a wander round B&Q, there is, or used to be, a book titled "Furniture Workshop, A Woodworker's Guide", by Kevin Ley. It's easy to spot, the lower half of the front is grey and the top half has a guy with an eyepatch holding a router.

Inside, starting at page 62, he shows the construction of a walnut bureau with 12 secret compartments. He shows some of them, but not all.

If you can't find it at B&Q, look it up.

ISBN 1-86108-375-0

HTH.

Latest posts

Back