Searching the forum.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garywayne

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi.

I have just tried to perform a search. I searched for something That Scrit put up a month or so ago.

The search contained:- "Shelf flex calculator".

The first reply was:- "Where to get 12" polishing wheels".

I fail to see the connection.

Could someone please explain how to use the search facilities please. I have tried several times before, but end up looking through the whole forum.

Gary

Usually to find something like this I will put in shelf flex calculator as the search term then choose 'search for all terms' and also click posts rather than topic.

But in your example the only hit was your post :D

So in this case I would think of alternative words to search on like sag instead of flex.

Hope that helps although it is frustrating that we can't construct Boolean searches

Gary

Like all search facilities, once you 'get it', it is very good.

I usually put a search keyword in (calculator in this case) and the author name and get what I want pretty quickly.

I rarely put in more than two words as I find phrases are often not recognised very well

Gary

You're not alone! I've had problems with the search facility too and so this post will help me as well.

Trouble is, Google spoils us, it's so good.

Regards.

Don't forget that you can use Google to search the site! Just select the option to search the current site if using a Google toolbar. Otherwise construct your query thus:-

site:www.ukworkshop.co.uk shelf sagulator

Back