Scrollers shop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippygeoff

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know if many of you are aware of it but Wilkinson's is a Mecca for scrollers. I have been there today and stocked up on 2inch masking tape, 2inch clear packing tape. Their own brand of stick glue and a load of bubble wrap and padded envelopes for sending my orders off. I also buy myb teak oil there as well and their own brand again.

Most things I make I dip in an oil finish, it brings the grain out in the wood beautifully. Because I dip everything I have a large tupperware type box and the oil I keep in 4 pint milk containers. I used to use Liberon finishing oil and also Liberon teak oil but the finishing oil used to solidify and the teak oil used to form a skin but the Wilkinson's own brand of teak oil does none of that.

It's good to know about the bubble wrap and padded envelopes. I asked at a packaging firm but they only sold in bulk.
I did think about asking if anyone wanted to go shares with me. I would store it in the spare room and send what they needed.
Sorry I was waffling again there.
Wilkos saved the day.
Rich

Poundland and other pound stores are useful too. I have just purchased from Poundland 25mtrs of 2" wide masking tape, 2 rolls of 2" wide clear parcel tape and a tin of spray clear matt varnish, total cost £3 the lot.

Geoff they also sell 2" double sided tape which I use to hold my patterns down,because I find it difficult to see on light wood I have started to use blue tape.With doing mainly pierced work for me I can see the blue tape better than white.

Bryan

Finally back from holls, Geoff does the wilkos brand smell quite strong, i bought some from our local one and it smelt quite strong of disinfectant or similar, reasonable stuff though..

Back