screwed on ebay

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i may be a hairy pineappled yorkshireman but it will not happen again its a pity the runt didnt live a little closer as he would have the toe of my boot up his buttocks and my big hands round his scrawny neck
ps i dont do politicaly correct

andersonec":2ayatk4o said:
I always add the following to any sales I make and always get proof of posting, anything worth a few quid is signed for.

"Should this item be returned for any reason, it must be returned in the same condition as when received otherwise a refund cannot be guaranteed, refunds will be awarded on the receipt of the returned item".

Andy

When using Paypal this means nothing to ebay. The buyer could send you a box with bricks in. If its signed for - your end - all ebay are concerned with is that you signed for a box.

iNewbie":1cirmhpg said:
When using Paypal this means nothing to ebay. The buyer could send you a box with bricks in. If its signed for - your end - all ebay are concerned with is that you signed for a box.
Yes, but this equally applies to any transaction not just eBay/PayPal. If you get a box of bricks, from either a buyer or seller, how are you going to prove it? Do you open every delivery, camera in hand, before you sign for it?

Note where I said Ebay/Paypal - because if you order via a credit card (I dunno, say a TV) from someone like John Lewis or Curry's they're not likely to send you a box of bricks...

i too got caught ,my first item i sold on it was a phone,the buyer said funds were sent too my account so i posted on the item,and as you can guess i never got the money and all attemps too contact the buyer dried up,
the moral is ONCE BITTEN,TWICE SHY

james coleman":sst3b5ic said:
i too got caught ,my first item i sold on it was a phone,the buyer said funds were sent too my account so i posted on the item,and as you can guess i never got the money and all attemps too contact the buyer dried up,
You did send it recorded or signed-for didn't you?

Didn't you check you PayPal or bank account before sending?

iNewbie":2ddujxnw said:
Note where I said Ebay/Paypal - because if you order via a credit card (I dunno, say a TV) from someone like John Lewis or Curry's they're not likely to send you a box of bricks...

:D I think the threat of a tabloid headline is enough to prevent any store from sending you a box of bricks. B&Q or Wickes might get away with it though.

james coleman":3ugsr8y6 said:

So you didn't actually check funds were there before you posted it? :roll:

MMUK":16cc002n said:
james coleman":16cc002n said:

So you didn't actually check funds were there before you posted it? :roll:

It's easy to do, especially if there's other things to post at the same time.

the t//t paid for it so i sent it on receipt he said it was broke and wanted a refund so i duly paid now the wa////r wont return the item or even return an email

Go onto ebay's customer help section and search for the customers details link. This will guide you on how to get the persons info.

If he has a phone number listed you can call him.

Like I said - I checked the funds were in my paypal account, then after 5 days the payment was removed. The email from paypal is:-

The refund sent by ter tow ([email protected]) did not clear from the sender's bank. You have not received funds for this payment in your PayPal account.

Please contact ter tow regarding this refund.

(I have removed part of the seller's name out of courtesy, even though he scammed me - bless him.)

So I'm not sure that checking the funds are in your account before sending goods is really of any value unless you wait to make sure, and you can't really wait for weeks just to make sure before sending the item.

These sort of issues need to be addressed, else people may start avoiding using sites such as ebay because some buyers/sellers can't be trusted. That won't help ebay or anyone else.

K

Back