screwdriver bits

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
depending what you want them for, i do a lot of PZ2 driving. so these are great!

25565.jpg

usually about 7 quid but when you spend a big chunk somewhere they may throw a box in. they last for ages and when you lose one or knacker it who who cares, they cost 30 pence!

for general sets something like this for 8 quid will do fine, click on the picture for direct link. you will probably find you barely use any as most screws are pz2 these days. Although i had a job a few days before christmas that required about 60 socket head countersunk bolts to be fitted, luckily i found just the right bit in my heavily depleted which saved me lots of time!

adidat

I use a fair amount of bits and I'm ashamed to say the best results I have had yet are with Wickes' own brand.

The blister packs they do for a couple of pounds last for ages, they outlast all my DeWalt and Bosch bits by far.

adidat":3sbj1oia said:

I have loads of these and they are dung! The worst quality bits I've ever bought. I'm going through one every day or two at most. Once I've used them up I'm switching to Wera.

I use these
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20-Wera-Impac ... 35ab46f809
As 99% of the time i use an impact gun. Still use them with a normal drill. However i have some of those dewalts as they were supplied for me when i asked for some replacements on a job, as the apprentice i had with me kept breaking those wera bits. :evil: Some days he managed to break 2 a day. :shock: :twisted: :twisted:

I use the dewalt ones, but not the impact ones they are dung.

I used to use Wurth pz2 bits which last well.

I now buy Wera and Milwaukie.

Impact drivers eat bits. Keeping the driver square and with plenty of pressure helps, it seems that the better quality bits are very hard which makes them shatter if too much play is allowed. I find those bi-torsion bit holders help somewhat.

Back