Scratch Awl Squadron

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rileytoolworks

Established Member
Reaction score
Here are some photos of the scratch awls I took along to Richarnold's open day.
I would describe these ones as seconds, or 'B' quality (in that they have cosmetic flaws).

I strive for AA quality, but seem to get a collection of seconds from time to time.
I guess that's the same for us all though?

Thanks for looking.

Adam.

Well if you are sure they are only B grade and you would not want to lower the quality assurance by selling B grade and if you need to get rid of them I suppose I could let you send me one :wink:
Seriously it is good to see such high standards keep it up

Beautiful tools, works of art really.
If I keep being teased with pics if these I may have to get one :)

TT

They really are good TT - lovely in the hand - I fondled one more than a few times on the charity day; and I saw no flaws to speak of - I personally think the "seconds" was merely a charitable ploy to help people get one for less than normal, and kicking myself I didn't just do it and hang the extra expense. If you're even mildly interested (who wouldn't be) you should treat yourself, I'm sure it would last you out.

How much would you charge me if I wanted to buy a "second" off you??

I think I have to agree with rafezetter here....if these are seconds then you have one hell of a high level of quality assurance....which is nice!!!

I like to own at least one thing from every craftsman I admire and Adam's awls have always been a favourite of mine since the passaround a couple of years back.

So the opportunity to own one AND bounce off Adam's great generosity and have the money go to a great cause was hard to resist!

So I grabbed the "squadron leader"...the beautiful cherry one....

DSCN4894.JPG

My only regret was that the day went by so fast that I didn't get to chat more to you Adam about some of the processes involved in your masterpieces.

I was however, heartened to hear that these are selling well and I wish you all the success in the world for the future of Riley Tools.

Cheers

Jimi

Back