Scotland... a quick spin

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

... or if you're a 'Big Y'un' fan, a world tour... ( :eek: )

The plan is to visit the following places ... in no particular order:
Castle Douglas; Acharacle; Perth; Stirling and last but not least, Livingston and Auld Reekie...

If you're en route or near enough I'd love to pop in for a wee bit craic and maybe a bit of turning

if you're into piping ... I'd be happy to detour ...especially if there's a piping event on (bit early in the season but I'm always hopeful :wink: )

pm if you're interested.

(Jenx .. Aberdeen and Moray planned for Jul/Aug... if there's piping events on near you please let me know :wink: ) :eek:

Excellent Graham .... and as far as Piping goes, this may interest you ... this is a good pal of mine, Julie Brinklow, we worked together for a while, until she left to become a full time piper, and she's very very good !

have a look ! ~~~~> http://www.thistlepiping.com

Keep in touch, re later in the year... ! and all the best for this trip !

:D :D :D :D

Thanks Jenx
took a look at the thistlepiping but some of the links didn't work others took forever loading....

A friend (ex Gordons, gold medalist piper) came over to Mactimbers today... absolutely brilliant , he had a 1938 set of Hendersons (to which he'd fitted silver mounts) with him... excellent workmanship and what a great set of pipes!!

He'd only visited to to have a look at my Gibson's Ceilidh and Firesides in cocobolo (I also have a set in Af Blkwd with S. steel mounts)

can't play yet but love it nonetheless :wink:

Yes, I just tried again with Juile's site and althougnh it was fine 10 minutes ago.. its playing up now !

She's maybe fiddling about with it ! She does that a lot !

Julie's fantastic ... without wanting to sound all 'weird' .. Julie is a lass who likes the 'comfortable shoes', if you get my drift... but she's just lovely ! Enjoys a pint, and is very much 'one of the guys ! '...
She "toots a mean pipe" though ... We used to sit outside the work in the summer, her with a chanter, and me with a Dixon Low F whistle or a bodhrann or whatever, and just diddle away for half an hour or so... great fun !
She has made a great success of her piping business, its 10 years old now.. and she goes all over the world piping.
I think she still plays with Grampian Police Pipe Band too.. as you'll know, you got to be a fair piper to play with them. :wink:

When you're up later in the year... I'll get hold of her for a yarn etc.
You will like her, she's a 'one-off' ! 8) 8) :D :D

If for some reason you don't hear from me by early July please give me a KUTA.... she sounds too good to miss... I just love real people 8)

(OK, I'll talk to you too :lol: )

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'll do my best ... anything of validity I have to say , is all over and done with in under 5 minutes ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Julie, is a different kettle of fish.. she's great !

Will do, Graham .. meanwhile - have an excellent safe trip up.
All the very best 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

I can thoroughly recommend a trip to Sabhal Mhor Ostaig - beautiful location on the Sound of Sleat, very friendly, and the music is wonderful.

Thanks Pete...spoke to them today (in English :lol: ) they confirmed there's availability and space to park the camper ...plus the dog (Black lab) is welcome! Still needs some thought 'cos they don't do an auld fogies' discount!!
Edit:... and then there's those damned midges....

Thanks Colin, ...I'm keeping flexible about the plans and the route...

I've been a non-smoker since Dec 08!

(I must admit that I read it as pipes rather than pipe :oops:

DaveL":2ccafqt5 said:
I thought the pipe kept them at bay? :whistle: :roll:

oldsoke":16idorbc said:
(Jenx .. Aberdeen and Moray planned for Jul/Aug... if there's piping events on near you please let me know :wink: ) :eek:

Look forward to seeing you then, but NOT with pipes in tow, unless I can wear my ear defenders :D

Graham,

If you're passing by the real Douglas (and Castle Dangerous) you're more than welcome for a brew (or a dram).

Cheers,

Dod

Cheers Dick... can't play 'em anyway :oops: but I'm hopeful of a tune by Jul/Aug :p

:lol:

Back