Scheppach HMS260 HMS 260 Planer / Thicknesser for sale

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am pretty sure...I am in the process of uploading more pictures of the ACTUAL item, they should be on there in about 15 minutes or so.

Just for info, we have had offers over £300 so far, one at £350.

It is the earlier model with nickel-plated steel tables. Quite an old model, certainly pre-2000 by the colour scheme.

Just for info, we have had offers over £300 so far, one at £350.

But the current bid is only £26?

Ike

Ebay rules are as meaningless to some as forum rules (the written ones, not ones made up on the spot).

A few people have come to view and said that they would give us £350 cash to take it away and end the auction early.
We have told them we will consider the offers.

I am quite confident if we dont accept their offers there will be a bidding war late on in the auction. :p

I have owned that planer and the various spindle moulder attachments etc. It's decent, but I'm not sure it has the rubber rollers like the more recent models. Also the tables are not cast iron.

One of the the latest model went recently for £465 and it was described as "unused" and it would have cost about £30 in fees too. I would have bitten the guys hand off for £350 for that machine. Still, you never know with ebay.

It definately has rubber rollers and it looks like nickel plated cast iron on the table. The rest of the unit appears to be steel.

Hi Bob,

That model doesn't take any attachments. Its solely a P/T. It has rubber rollers. They had them from the beginning. However if it has had a lot of use, the potential buyer should also check for the rollers being worn, which could affect the feed rate. That said however, if it has only sustained hobby use, it is likely to be OK. I say that because I had one of these early models in my wood shop in my teaching days, and despite getting a huge amount of use and some abuse, the only thing that wore out on a regular basis was the feed roller drive belt. It is a cracking machine despite not having an ounce of cast iron.

Lukey wrote:

it looks like nickel plated cast iron on the table

They are fabricated steel, not cast iron.

PS. Looking at the close ups, the feed roller looks in good condition. :wink:

Ike

I am hoping to get in the region of £350 for this machine AND I AM LOOKING FOR A QUICK SALE,

Hmm, why not accept the first £350 offer then ?? i know if it where me making the offer i would be very frustrated to be turned down after the seller made that statement :roll:

ike":1ye22s5j said:
Hi Bob,

That model doesn't take any attachments. Its solely a P/T......

Yes, I didn't check the model number properly. :oops:

It's pretty much the same as that machine though I guess (attachments aside). I wasn't sure about the rubber rollers.

I sold my HMS260 to help fund the purchase of my Felder combination and its the machine I miss the most. With surrated outfeed rollers its very difficult to take just a baw hair (Scottish saying for tiny amount) off of a piece without seeing the roller marks too. If I take off a full 1mm then it is fine. Maybe my outfeed rollers are set too low ???

Ooh, can't help there Bob but I'm sure someone else will be able to.

Glad I didn't take the 350 offer as its now over 400 quid with a couple of hours left.

Gary M":2dxdiapn said:
I am hoping to get in the region of £350 for this machine AND I AM LOOKING FOR A QUICK SALE,

Hmm, why not accept the first £350 offer then ?? i know if it where me making the offer i would be very frustrated to be turned down after the seller made that statement :roll:

Because I listed it on behalf of by Brother in Law, he first said that but then changed his mind!
And you can't edit the listing once its had a bid on, otherwise I would have :lol:

For what its worth. the tables on that model are a sintered alloy. ( Sintering is a hardening process) and all hM 260`s have rubber feed rollers, the model shown is way better than the current Ci model and worth every penny of the bid it got. Although I would ditch the cabinet base and make one up out of Dexion

Back