Scheppach 3000VS sharpener

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gavlar

Established Member
Reaction score
hi all,

I recently bought one of these units and am confused as to the function of the knob on the rear face (opposite to the on/off). Hoping somebody else might have it figured out?

1662122230906.png

The manual is no help - it shows that one can turn the knob both ways - this I knew already!
1662122570675.png

thanks
Gavin

I would hazard a guess the the "VS" in the model name is variable speed. I don't think it exactly turbocharges performance - apparently increases the speed from 90 to 150 rom so may not be entirely obvious.

Or it may not be working!!

The vari speed control is on the other side. This one has a threaded rod which presses onto the motor casing inside. I'll see if I can post a photo later.

I saw one reviewer on youtube refer to separate speed and torque settings. No idea how that would work. ?

Hi

A quick Google for the instructions seem to indicate it is indeed for changing the rotation direction of the wheels.

Not a reverse either...it presses against the motor case.

Attachments

• IMG_20220903_140225452.jpg
    IMG_20220903_140225452.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
There is a similar thing on a Record Power WG200 Sharpener. It is supposedly a "torque adjustment" but all it does is pushes the shaft of the motor into the rubber drive wheel which is located in the wheel with the strop.

...thus, I guess, affecting the amount of slip that might occur if you're putting a lot of pressure on the tool...but who does that? Thanks for the info!

Back