Scheppach 260 ci manual

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boleynworkshop

Reaction score
afternoon people, new poster here. I have recently acquired a Scheppach ci 260 but without an operators manual. When it arrived at my workshop it was carried in being held by the tables before I could ask them not to. So I'm guessing at least I will have to reset those. Can anyone help out with a link or pdf please?

Hi,
I have one of those machines and I'm less than impressed with it. I would thoroughly check the flatness of both beds. Mine have a belly of 0.4mm in the middle - which may not sound a lot, but all the machined timber needs planing afterwards (far more than just removing cutting marks).

On the matter of the manual - I have a paper copy and I will see if I can get it into some form of digital format.

Cheers
Dean

Hi Dean,
Many thanks for your reply. I will definitely check both the beds for flatness, thanks for the tip. This one is only a few years old, how old is yours? Do you think it’s a manufacturing defect or an age thing? If you can get your manual into a digital format then please let me know.
Thanks again, Pete

If you contact NMA they will let you have a copy of the manual. They will probably have some instructions for setting the planer tables - they did so for my previous non CI HM3200 that were very useful as a starting point.

I think if you do a search on this forum, you should find some discussion years ago on this subject.

My method eventually was:

1) check the thicknesser table is flat - if not, there is a rather complicated fiddly solution of changing the chain position on one or more sprockets that drive the four pillars. (This us unlikely to need adjustment unless someone has messed with it in the past).

2) using two blocks of consistent thickness (I used some 25mm mdf) check the cutter block (not the blades) is parallel to the thicknesser table (you can adjust the fixing of the bearing holder either side to raise or lower the cutter block).

3) Check the positioning of the outfeed table and that it is flat. Then the infeed table. The Schepoach instructions were good for this bit. It is a fiddly job and I have found that tiny adjustments as you tighten the bolts will induce some twist, so it becomes an iterative process of seeing any twist after tightening, then anticipating this by compensating the other way before tightening. It’s a job not to be rushed!

My old steel topped HM3200 had a wheel kit that was engaged by lifting the end of the table! But surprisingly, once all was fully tightened, they stayed true.

Have fun

Cheers

Latest posts

Back