Saw Till

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philly

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Recently finished a project, a saw till in black walnut to hold my hand saw collecti......Ah, saws when I'm not using them :whistle: I'm moving home (and workshop) REAL soon, so this will be handy on the big day.
It holds 11 saws snugly and safely (each saw has it's own little frenched home) and with a can of Vapourseal hidden in the bottom will stop them from rusting in the future.
It was made from American Black Walnut, dovetailed carcase and a frame and panel lid. I fitted a hand scraped bead around the edge of the lid and a little cove on the base to finish it off. An oil finish and brass hardware complete the job.
Hope you like it,
DSCF2626.jpg

DSCF2627.jpg

WIP Shots
More Pics
Cheers
Philly :D

No real curves, Matt (except maybe the raised panel?? No? Scraping the barrel? :lol: )
Glad you like it though!

I do like that. :D
Neat way of keeping them all safe but to hand, best not make one until I have finished something for indoors. 8-[

Phil

Absolutely lovely piece of work.

I'm always impressed by people who make top quality cabinets from top quality materials for their workshops (I assume it's intended for the shop ?). Mine's full of ply cabinets (not Birch ply either) and shelves made of whatever's hanging around. It would bring a tear to my eye the first time I damaged something of that quality.

Jeff

Chris,
I was right out of cardboard........

Pete
Three coats of Chestnut finishing oil, couple coats of wax. Walnut loves it :wink:

Jeff,
You're making me blush :oops:
Need to work out something for the rest of the hand tools, now though.
Cheers

Lovely case mate (tried to say as much on your blog but it wouldn't accept the post )

Hannah says it looks like a coffin for dead saws :whistle: :lol:

First thing my Dad says was "brilliant, you've started making coffins for dogs". As you can tell, my Dad is an entrepreneur........ :roll: :lol:

Philly":2hchz088 said:
First thing my Dad says was "brilliant, you've started making coffins for dogs". As you can tell, my Dad is an entrepreneur........ :roll: :lol:

Not to do your dad injustice, but that was my first thought too.. :lol:

Maybe some time to investigate that idee a bit further Phill :wink:

PS
Verry nice piece of work, i like the brass hardware on it.

Back