Saw Handle screws - Removal?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mahking51

Established Member
Reaction score
One for MikeW I think,
I have a couple of small back saws that are fixed with screws that have no slots, ie both sides are blank rounded heads. How does one undo these please?
Regards
Martin

Pound to a penny they're the "rivet" type that are a push fit. You can either destroy the "screws" or (probably) the handle. For the former, drill out from one side then give it a good clout out of there with an appropiate size of dowel and 'ammer. For the latter, pincers are favourite.

Cheers, Alf

Hi Martin--Alf has you sorted out. Afraid that's about the only way. But you may be able to find an otherwise worthless saw and use the bolts/nuts off of it in order to put this one back together.

Take care, Mike

MikeW

Funny that, I seem to remember that I had a whole tin box of saw screws at one time..... damned if I can remember what happened to them...... :?
Still, you gotta laugh!
Keep up the great work Mike.

ChrisW
Black run? whassat? :?:
Yours in athletic ignorance I suspect.

Martin

Alf":2wl2fxxu said:
Pound to a penny they're the "rivet" type that are a push fit.

Cheers, Alf

I had some of those that had FAKE screw slots. I tried to undo them by unscrewing. Spent ages...

The annoying thing was, I'd bought the saw purely to get screw nuts to repair another!

BugBear

Back