Saw Blade

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mickleuk

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 10 inch Clarke CTS12 contractor table saw, and would like to get a decent quality blade for it, 254mm (10") 30mm bore. For general use. UK suppliers.

Any suggestions, recommendations?

Thanks

Mike

speak to Jeremy at Appleby Woodturners 01283212384 he will be sure to help you out.

Or A freud combination blade LP30M 40 tooth plenty of meat in the tips - will stand several trips to the saw doctor.

Toolstation 74883 £31.87 free post or often found on ebay ( but not just at the moment :( )

Bob

I would + 1 the Freud combination, although if you are mostly ripping I would recommend a dedicated rip blade, the difference is amazing...bosshogg
even a stupid man gets it right sometimes

I would suggest there is no such thing as a "general use" saw blade but will conceded that many can use a 40 tooth blade for ripping, crosscutting and finer finish.
ripping you have to work slower
cross cutting is ok
finer you have to work a little faster.

good quality blade should see at least 10 trips to the saw doctor if not 15.

available from stock.

Doug

mickleuk":2n9fzq5b said:
Thanks to everyone that replied.

In the end I bought a Freud Pro. What a difference, wow!

Indeed! And...as long as you don't use it too much for composite boards (MDF etc) then it will last you a very long time. I always change back to the stock blade for MDF...it is quite abrasive stuff on TCT.

Jim

jimi43":13qg1j8u said:
mickleuk":13qg1j8u said:
Thanks to everyone that replied.

In the end I bought a Freud Pro. What a difference, wow!

Indeed! And...as long as you don't use it too much for composite boards (MDF etc) then it will last you a very long time. I always change back to the stock blade for MDF...it is quite abrasive stuff on TCT.

Jim

Good tip, thanks.

Another thought for the future 254mm started out as a way to try and coerce customers into buying the manufacturers blades. (until they all started doing it)

It's normally =/less than the stated diameter but half a mm less clearance is neither here nor there. An industry standard 255mm blade is more widely available, especially at the industrial end of the market and will in my experience so far invariably fit a machine specced at 254mm.

Back