Saw Angle Setting Gauge

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neomorph

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a recommendation for a decent saw angle setting gauge. The stops on my Performance Pro sliding mitre saw are total pooh and I have spent ages today just getting it set to proper 45 degrees. It's only slightly out but enough to make mitred corners have gaps in and of course if you want to move it back to zero again you have the fun of getting the angles back again.

I've tried using a combination square but It's a bit hit and miss...

Good tip Tony. I too use my relic from the days where we used adjustable squares, compasses and scale rules in the day job - all done away with by computers now.

They're good for measuring angles too.

Colin

of course, there is always the option of making a mitre box, which allows
you to leave the saw at 90 degrees, and offer the wood up at an angle.

i realise this only works with thinner and shorter bits of wood, but does make for better accuracy, since you are not having to overcome the backlash or movement on the saw swing to the mitre angle.

the other useful tool from W.H. Smith's is the 360 degree protractor to ensure that you get the angles right. an adjustable square, protractor, and a sensible small set of dividers are all available for about £10.00 or less,
and useful

paul :wink:

Back