Sandpaper

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jezmaster

Established Member
Reaction score
what sand paper do people use. the red or yellow paper. where do you get it from, B & Q are a rip off. Screwfix, have got much choice.

I get mine from CSM. Wide range of stuff and pretty good prices.

As to what I use - it depends on the job. However I can say that I have never been able to get on with Garnet paper. Tried it on all sorts of surfaces/finishes but it seems to have worn out or clogged up about a nanosecond after it makes touch down. But maybe that's just me.

It is, it's me isn't it. :oops:

Vitex does it for me - 90% for turning - still bemused by both how effective it is and how much use i get from a piece!
So much so that I've still got the ends of rolls of the old paper-backed stuff lying around. Keep meaning to finish them off but somehow just never do!

The stuff I use is 3M Tri-M-ite Frecut...(3M618) alox which is fantastic stuff but I'm running out, my current stock was aquired :roll: when at work....does anyone know where to get 3M papers in smallish quantities, say 50 or so sheets at a time? - Rob

Back