sanding discs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vinnie_chip

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, can anyone recommend decent sanding discs for a 125mm Makita orbital slander? I use Norton mostly but they don't do 250 grit which is what I'm after.. Thanks, Vinnie.

I use abranet Vinnie though mine is 150 dia.

I bought a load off ebay in 240 / 400 / 600.

Cheapest places to look are the car re-finishing / detailing guys.

Bob

+1 on the abranet. I also use 150mm but they do do it in 125mm disks. eBay is usually as good as anywhere.

+1 again on the abranet, although if your going to invest, they have just bought out a new line called abranet ace, more durable and well worth the little bit extra, depending on the job.

I tried abranet on my dewalt 125 and sort of wreck the Velcro have any of you guys had this problem cheers for the help I just bought the norton stuff to for a job tomorrow cause no one had any good stuff in stock :evil:

another +1 for Abranet, just in case you were undecided :)

edit...ahh you've bought some, hmm - I've not had issues with it damaging the velcro, what exactly happened?

You won't need any punched holes as Abranet is mesh, allowing all the dust to pass through, which is one of it's big advantages.

I tried abranet on my dewalt 125 and sort of wreck the Velcro have any of you guys had this problem

To prevent that happening I keep a Mirka Pad Protector permanently fitted between the sander's backing pad and the abranet. They're about £7 each, so better than having to replace the actual sanding pad at sometimes 3 or 4 times the cost.

Thanks for the info on the pad protector sorry if I hijacked the thread the norton pads stick fine but when I stuck the arbranet it stuck but not very well then used it for a few mins then it just spun it of the sander hope this helps

Any one used the Fein Multimaster round sander it is very good when it works trouble is the rubber pad with the Velcro on delaminates from the metal plate after a while
Fein are very good and send a replacement but I've had about six now and not much use.
They recognise they have a problem as the same thing happened on the triangle delta pads and I think they have modified them but not yet the round ones

Back