Sand pit cover

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wobblewoo

Reaction score
We have a sand pit with an opening of 1.98x1.85m and i want to make a cover for it.

I was going to make 4 panels (full-length qtr width each one) that lift off, they don't have to be weight bearing, just stop cats and leaves getting to the sand.

I am new to this and could do with some help on spanning that width and how to brace the lid.

Hopefully this all makes sense.

Thanks for your time.

Warren.

if you don't need weight bearing use a tarpaulin with a round top centre support underneath
all the best
rob

I do that already, but it looks awful and i have to put a load of weights on it to stop the wind blowing it off.

I've seen the nice design where the llid is split in the middle and lifted from The Middle by ropes connected to a wall next to it

Ewan

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Are you sure you don't need weight bearing? To a child jumping up and down on it, the resulting noise is wonderful. I gave up and just chucked a couple of sheets of quarter inch ply on top of ours. It kept the cats and leaves out and could be lifted off by the children themselves once they got big enough. They never got big enough to put them back though!
Duncan

Back