Sainsburys car parks.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
whiskywill":38ur9d4b said:
CHJ":38ur9d4b said:

These only track the movement of mobile phones inside a vehicle to provide movement of traffic information to sat nav subscribers. They do not read the numberplates.

Your link has mysteriously altered the URL originally provided by Chas. Your link goes to something called TrafficSense which does not exist in this country.

The actual link provided by Chas is to TrafficMaster..which does exist in this country.

RogerS":ujj75t82 said:
Your link has mysteriously altered the URL originally provided by Chas. Your link goes to something called TrafficSense which does not exist in this country.

The actual link provided by Chas is to TrafficMaster..which does exist in this country.

I edited the original link, it was in the wrong place in the text.

Although TrafficSense is USA ,if you google mobile phone tracking or similar you will find plenty of hits for applications that will get you the cell information for a given number.

CHJ":1vm59ip8 said:
RogerS":1vm59ip8 said:

I edited the original link, it was in the wrong place in the text.

Although TrafficSense is USA ,if you google mobile phone tracking or similar you will find plenty of hits for applications that will get you the cell information for a given number.

I'm relieved to discover that it's not that 'open' and so philanderers can relax !

RogerS":215ipeue said:
Webby":215ipeue said:
CHJ":215ipeue said:
I suspect it is to police the two hour parking allowance, expect a bill if you overstay, becoming quite common at service stations etc. but not all have a 'deterrent' display.
CHJ":215ipeue said:
that information is spot on ....the only down side is they dont police Disabled bays or Parent and child bay areas

Dave :O)

Sadly no. They let the police do it for themselves...

image-7-58435035.jpg

I once had a police car overtake me with blues and two's on, they pulled over at a chip shop, I parked up just past them and took a wander up. I could see them getting fish and chips through the window. Interestingly no money changed hands. I took the car number and rang the police station from work to complain and told them what had happened, but they insisted that I gave them my name and address before they would peruse the matter. I declined. Happened years ago but I still feel peeved about it.

Back