Sad news

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nigel

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am posting this on behalf of my father Nigel. It's with a heavy heart that I have to let you know that he passed away last week. I know woodworking and carpentry were a large part of his life and he spoke highly of several good friends he had made via this forum (and at the various shows and events) so I just wanted to inform those who knew him and chatted/conversed with him about all things wood related (and likely plenty of other subjects too).

Best wishes to you all for keeping Dad happy and busy over the years.

Kind regards,

Alex Turnbull (Nigel's son)

That's very sad news :cry: He was such a nice bloke. Used to bump into him at some of the shows in recent years. He will be missed. Thanks for letting us know.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

So sorry to hear that sad news Alex, we were only in e-mail communication mid February, thanks for letting us know.
He and my Wife Di always had a round of good humoured banter about his shinny tool purchases.

I didn't know your father Nigel, but my sympathy goes out to you and your family. I lost my Mother two weeks ago and as executor, Ir have the job of sorting out her affairs, a very sad time. I feel for you.

Thank you
It is appreciated. we are heading of to Westbury in Wiltshire for a week on Sunday. to tie in all the loose ends and have the funeral. Sad times

What a top man Nigel was, we had some good laughs together at the shows. He will always be remembered for the fantastic toys he made.
My condolences to all the family.

Its hard to loose a loved one, as I know. But it helps to remember the good times had with them over the years. I'm sure things are looking black now, but time does heal. Our thoughts are with you.

Very sad to hear your news Alex.

I always enjoyed meeting Nigel at the different shows where he was always smiling and cheerful and good company, and will miss him.

Condolences to yourself and the family.

Best wishes, Paul

I was deeply saddened to hear of your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family.

I had the great pleasure of meeting Nigel a number of times at the Axminster and Yandles shows, as Paulm said, always smiling and cheerful and good company.

Thank you for letting us know.

Back