Sad Christmas this year

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lord Nibbo

Established Member
Reaction score
Many will remember we lost Otto our Newfie back on 1st September well on Wednesday we had to have Bosun our eldest Newfie put to sleep.

It's been a way of life owning such a large breed, not just large in physical terms but in temperament too, nothing can come close to these gentle giants, we have been honoured to be blessed with such beautiful dogs they will be in our hearts for ever.

Bosun
24th May 1997 – 9th December 2009
3101476972_157a19ee51.jpg

The same thing happened with our two cats (mum and daughter, British Blues)...first the mum in July and then two months later, her kittten.
I know how you feel, LN - Rob

Sad news indeed mate. They really are one of the family. I hope you can all have a happy christmas and remember the good times.

Very sorry to hear of another loss for you this year, Lord Nibbo. :(

Twelve-years is a good run for a dog of that size. It sounds like a long time but, I bet it went by quickly. At least he is at peace now and went without too much pain.

As said on your blog, very sad to hear this. Dogs (and cats, I'm sure) really are like best friends and I miss mine dearly when I'm away. I can't imagine what this must feel like. My thoughts are with you and family.

Lord Nibbo":o62f3ivi said:
Many will remember we lost Otto our Newfie back on 1st September well on Wednesday we had to have Bosun our eldest Newfie put to sleep.

It's been a way of life owning such a large breed, not just large in physical terms but in temperament too, nothing can come close to these gentle giants, we have been honoured to be blessed with such beautiful dogs they will be in our hearts for ever.

Bosun
24th May 1997 – 9th December 2009
3101476972_157a19ee51.jpg

Sorry for your loss mate, non animal lovers just do not understand but it is like losing a family member. We have the ashes of Jake and Benson (brothers) which were our first two Rotties, and also a cat called Poppet (she never really grew up and was always the size of a kitten. Day in and day out she used to jump up and sit on my shoulder like a parrot :D she was almost human) Anyway acquaintances that come into our house look at us as if we are mad when they find out that the ashes are not of our mum, dad, aunt or uncle, but out pets, especially when they find out how much it is to have them cremated.

Animals, especially dogs do not ask for much except a meal and a cuddle, yet they would give their lives for us without hesitation.

Our present Rottie is 8 years old, and as Olly said 12 is a good age for a large breed dog, so anywhere in the next year or two our hearts will be broken again. But even though we know that they are not going to be with us long, ain't the fun and love they give us worth it, I certainly thing so :D

Think of the good times you were privileged to have with those 2 bundles of joy.

Mike

The loss of a dog after many years LN is like the loss of a limb. Our Boxer is getting on yet it seems like yesterday that we took her in to save her being put down and I dread the day that I know cannot be staved off for ever.
My heartfelt sympathy LN.

Roy.

Blister":3fg6mvhm said:
But are you getting a new puppy :p

I've often though, that if\when ours go, that I'd like another dog but not of the same breed. It would be too much like comparing the new one to the old ones and I think that would be either sad or stressful.

I have to agree with that Tom. I'm 69 now and I cannot remember a time when I was without one or more dogs around me. Every one a different breed, everyone a different character.
Which leads me nicely onto the subject of our Boxer.
Now we all know that dogs love chocolate and that it is not good for them, but as I am dangerously allergic to chocolate that problem does not arise with me, I like fudge! So does our Boxer!
Offer her a treat and first there's a sniff as she checks the bouquet, then there's a small lick to test the palate, if these two tests are sucessfully passed a small bite will be taken for final comfirmation. Not with fudge! It vanishes like my bank balance!

Roy.

Very sad, I feel for you. I remember saying on this forum when seeing how clean your workshop was and you replied that it had to be clean because your dogs came in it to you. You posted a photo of them.

My daughter had to have her dog put down due to health problems and I had to make a box for his ashes.

Folk who are not animal lovers will never understand.

Alan

Back