Rutlands heavy mobile base BOGOF

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a couple of these and wasnt greatly impressed. I would replace the bolts for starters with something longer and put some nyloc nuts on- the one on my table saw seemed to shake the nuts off from time to time, and wasnt greatly rigid when made- it may have been the exact size that i used it at- slightly bigger or smaller would have allowed more overlapping of the beams.

I've got 3 when they were £29 apiece.

They are perfectly adequate for my TS / Planer / Router table, and I never had any problems with bolts coming loose.

One could of course use some locktight to make sure.

I did buy some for just that purpose. Never applied it though! There was something strange on my saw- to make the exact size, IIRC the only way that i could do it was to have the bolts going through 3 thicknesses of steel rather than 2. To be honest at £29 quid, or even on BOGOF they are probably ok- at full price i would get something else!

marcros":2r46ftif said:
have the bolts going through 3 thicknesses of steel rather than 2.

You must have a tiny table saw :wink:

When I got my Scheppach TS I enquired about the base in the Scheppach catalogue. It was £129. I saw one in the flesh and it was almost exactly the same, so it was no contest in the end.

wcndave":h0lglj7v said:
marcros":h0lglj7v said:
have the bolts going through 3 thicknesses of steel rather than 2.

You must have a tiny table saw :wink:

When I got my Scheppach TS I enquired about the base in the Scheppach catalogue. It was £129. I saw one in the flesh and it was almost exactly the same, so it was no contest in the end.

It was a kity 419. There was certainly something that was not ideal, size wise, when I assembled the base.

I've got one and would recommend it to those who are in the market for one (or two in this case), the supplied instructions aren't of a great help but its pretty straightforward to assemble.

I too have several of these, I have found them fit for purpose but just be sure and not over tighten the hex bolts when assembling the front locking castors as it compresses the bracket which doesn't allow the holes in the plates to line up. Once you haves sussed that part they are fine.

David

Back